News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 "There is no service available to complete your call"

Started by WaltB, June 14, 2016, 12:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltB

My Obi100 has been working flawlessly for years. This morning, I wake up, try to make a call and I get the message "There is no service available to complete your call." It couldn't have happened at a worse time as my dad is in the hospital.

The power LED stays solid Green. The internet LED blinks Green, but there is NO green on the phone LED. Only when I pick up and try to make a call, the Phone LED icon blinks a steady Green.
On my Obitalk dashboard the Status is "Connected" and Green. Then, it quickly changed to "Error Click here for more"
I do and it gives me a number to dial. I dial and it takes me to a page where it says I  have no support?
What should I do?
Thanks

WaltB

Update: It finally connected when I entered the number provided. It then asked for a admin Password to confirm? But I have NO idea what that password is?
Now it says "Service Not Configured"

bong

OBi110
SP1: GV
SP2: Callcentric
Line Port: None
Phone Port: GE 5.8GHz Corded/Cordless Multi Handset

mo832

Same exact problem here. Except I went to the Obi main site and went through the troubleshooting. It says if you get the "backing off" error, delete the GV account and then re-add it. When I tried to re-add, I get an error message at the top saying the Obi device's annual support entitlement has expired. Wha??????? Since when did they have an annual support requirement?

Furthermore, there is no button to renew the service on the page that it tells me to.

Someone help???

johnfromjax

I just had the same issue arise with my OBI100. Says no service available. The right light on the box is not lit but goes green if I lift phone to dial.

My SPi Status says Backing Off (0s):
TCP connection to 173.194.212.1.

The dashboard shows status of green.

Any idea what this means?

WaltB

Is it a tactic by Obitalk to make us pay $10 a month?
Did google have an update? Or is something technically wrong on Obi's end?
It seems LOTS of people are having this problem. We need a fix super fast!

Taoman

Quote from: mo832 on June 14, 2016, 01:36:15 PM

Someone help???

Wish you guys would make a teeny tiny bit of effort to read. The answers to your questions are in threads posted all over this forum.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11256.msg73954#msg73954

WaltB

Already did the FW update Taoman. I did not work. What do you suggest I do now?

Quote from: Taoman on June 14, 2016, 01:45:15 PM

Someone help???

Wish you guys would make a teeny tiny bit of effort to read. The answers to your questions are in threads posted all over this forum.

Mango

From your OBi's internal UI, check Status >> System Status and verify SoftwareVersion is 1.3.0 (Build: 2886).

If it is already that way, follow the directions to factory reset your ATA: https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-to-Factory-Reset

I typoed the build the first time I posted this.  The correct build is 2886.

WaltB

Thanks Mango. I'll try that. I forget the email and password of the google voice account I used?
Is there a way to create a new one and keep my current phone #?

Quote from: Mango on June 14, 2016, 02:01:15 PM
From your OBi's internal UI, check Status >> System Status and verify SoftwareVersion is 1.3.0 (Build: 2886).

If it is already that way, follow the directions to factory reset your ATA: https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-to-Factory-Reset

mo832

Quote from: Taoman on June 14, 2016, 01:45:15 PM

Someone help???

I have been reading around since posting this and there are many angles of people's stories. However, I did not see an answer to one of my questions- re: where is the button to buy the support upgrade if you want to? I do not see this button and the only thing I can think of is it requires a very late browser version? But everything else works on the web page. Support and Warranty tab doesn't change the screen.

WaltB

Do what Mango suggested. It works.

Taoman

Quote from: mo832 on June 14, 2016, 02:12:29 PM
Support and Warranty tab doesn't change the screen.

The Support and Warranty tab is where the button is to buy support via Amazon. What browser and version are you using? Suggest you try a different browser.

WaltB

What do I do if I forget my GV email and password?
Anyway to get the # back or recover it somehow?

Taoman

Quote from: WaltB on June 14, 2016, 02:22:43 PM
What do I do if I forget my GV email and password?
Anyway to get the # back or recover it somehow?

Damn. That's a tough one. Have you reset your OBi to factory default? If not, try logging into your OBi locally and look at your current Google Voice configuration pages. I would think somewhere in there should be your Google Voice username and/or your gmail address.
I don't have a GV configuration myself so I can't look to see if it's there or not.

Try this:
https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115100?hl=en

WaltB

Yeah, I already set it to factory default. :(
One of the solutions BEFORE I read about the FW update was to do a Factory reset.....
Now I forget which account I used for my Google voice.
I'll try the link. Any ideas or help would be great!
Thanks

WaltB

I also tried that link you provided earlier, but once you put your GV # in it, it just sends the info to the email associated with the account which is weird.....

mo832

I have tried 4 browsers (admittedly not the absolute latest, but still should work)

FF 31 on linux

Palemoon 26.2.2 on win xp

Dolphin on Android (in desktop mode)

I *still* cannot get the support/warranty tab to show anything but either a blank space, or what looks like the "device info" starting with obi no. and mac address.

mo832

I still have an open question regarding the (relatively) minor issue of not being able to see the tab contents where the support purchase is located. As noted above, I have tried multiple browsers/platforms. I know I am behind the latest versions, but IMO it shouldn't be *that* hard to view these pages. We are talking a matter of months, not years that these versions were used, and it seems if they wanted to collect money, the functions should be more, not less, compatible with as many systems as possible.

I even tried it with IE8 and it of course did no better, but I did see a quick "script error" message flash on the bottom when I clicked on the tabs.

Can someone try to verify this with an old browser and possibly advise what component is required in a new browser?

I am stuck with WinXP here, and usually I've been able to get anything I want with FF or Palemoon.

Other functions on Obitalk.com work just fine for me.