News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 "There is no service available to complete your call"

Started by WaltB, June 14, 2016, 12:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hapollo

If you have more than a few add-ons installed in Firefox, it could be anyone of those causing issues.

Suggest you temporarily run Firefox in Safe-Mode.

Load Firefox, go to the top Help Menu and select "Re-start with Add-ons Disabled"

Pop up says restart and you will be in Safe-Mode.

Try again on that webpage to see if any add-ons interfered.

Then restart Firefox again to exit safe-mode which re-enables add-ons automatically.

mo832

Nope, the add-ons must not be the problem. It does the same thing in safe mode.

Would you be willing to fire up an old browser so you can see the effect I'm getting?

This is bizarre...

SteveInWA

Quote from: mo832 on June 14, 2016, 07:55:50 PM

Would you be willing to fire up an old browser so you can see the effect I'm getting?

This is bizarre...

The only thing bizarre is that you are still using Windows XP.  XP is now about 15 years old, is no longer being updated to support critical security issues, and even the browser makers have now absolved themselves from supporting XP.  No website owner is responsible for making their web pages work with XP-era browsers.

If you can't afford a new Windows PC, then consider a Chromebook; they're the very safest computers available, and a basic model can be bought for under $200.  Otherwise, by continuing to use XP, you are simply asking to be hacked.

Jane

Good evening.

I have an OBi110 and today I lost the ability to make and receive calls through Google Voice.  When I looked at the System Status page on the OBi110, it said that there was an error connecting to Google Voice.

After looking around in these forums, I found the link to the firmware update for build 2886 and manually installed it on the OBi110.  The System Status page now reflects a software version of 1.3.0 (Build: 2886).  After the firmware upgrade, I saved off my configuration using the Backup Configuration option on the Device Update page.  Then, I performed a factory reset and reloaded the saved configuration.  I re-entered my Google Voice passwords since they were grayed out (and the default box was checked) after the configuration was reloaded.

Now, the System Status page shows Service Not Configured for the statuses of both SP1 and SP2.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  I don't use the OBiTalk portal to configure the OBi110.  I've always applied configurations directly on the OBi110 using the web interface.

Is there anything else I can do to get Google Voice working through the OBi110 again?

Thank you,

Jane

SteveInWA

Quote from: Jane on June 14, 2016, 08:10:11 PM
Good evening.

I have an OBi110 and today I lost the ability to make and receive calls through Google Voice.  When I looked at the System Status page on the OBi110, it said that there was an error connecting to Google Voice.

After looking around in these forums, I found the link to the firmware update for build 2886 and manually installed it on the OBi110.  The System Status page now reflects a software version of 1.3.0 (Build: 2886).  After the firmware upgrade, I saved off my configuration using the Backup Configuration option on the Device Update page.  Then, I performed a factory reset and reloaded the saved configuration.  I re-entered my Google Voice passwords since they were grayed out (and the default box was checked) after the configuration was reloaded.

Now, the System Status page shows Service Not Configured for the statuses of both SP1 and SP2.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  I don't use the OBiTalk portal to configure the OBi110.  I've always applied configurations directly on the OBi110 using the web interface.

Is there anything else I can do to get Google Voice working through the OBi110 again?

Thank you,

Jane

Two years ago, Google Voice stopped supporting direct user ID and password entry, as a security exposure.  You cannot enter your Google credentials directly on the device any longer.  Restoring your old configuration won't work.  You need to follow the instructions to now use the approved authentication method, known as OAuth 2.0.  Here are my complete instructions:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Taoman

Quote from: mo832 on June 14, 2016, 07:55:50 PM

This is bizarre...
Well I was hoping I could say you were full of it but I can't. Just for you, I dug out my old XP laptop with IE8 and I am experiencing the same thing as you. I can't get to the Support and Warranty page.

Clearly, this is a browser issue. You need to use a current version of a common browser. You can complain all night about how things "should" be but I prefer to deal with how things actually are.

You need to use an up to date browser in order to get to that page. End of story.

Jane

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 14, 2016, 08:18:44 PMTwo years ago, Google Voice stopped supporting direct user ID and password entry, as a security exposure.  You cannot enter your Google credentials directly on the device any longer.  Restoring your old configuration won't work.  You need to follow the instructions to now use the approved authentication method, known as OAuth 2.0.  Here are my complete instructions:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Good evening, Steve.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I setup an OBiTalk web portal account and added my OBi110 to it and followed the configuration prompts.  Google Voice is now working again on the OBi110.  It's strange that this has been working flawlessly since I set it up many years ago.  I do not understand that.  I don't like having to go through Obihai's web portal to configure my OBi110 either.

Oh, as part of the automatic configuration through Obihai's web portal, I lost my custom dial plan, too.  :(

Thank you again for your help,

Jane