News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PSA: GV BACKING OFF? OBI NOT WORKING TODAY? DO NOT PAY $10!

Started by hapollo, June 14, 2016, 02:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hapollo

It seems today-this week is full of posts about GV backing off and $10 ransomware is being paid to get GV working again.

As much as I love my Obi and thank OBi for their solution, I have an issue with them doing something on their end leading people to pay the $10 needlessly.

The solution:

Manually upgrade your firmware to 2886 and the $10 pop up with disappear from your Obitalk Portal.

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11256.msg73954#msg73954

firmware 2886 is for OBI1xx if you have a Obi2xx use this 5264 firmware instead

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9983.msg73804#msg73804

Posting this in as many forums as I can to get the word out as not everyone explores every single thread started and starts there own. Wish this could be stickied to the top.

WaltB

Thanks! Just figured this out.
Do you know how to recover a GV number?
I reset my Obi and now I forget what email I used for my GV service?
Thanks

hapollo

How many gmails do you have?

If you at least know your gmail accounts and their respective passwords, you can always log into them one at a time and the one that has your call history will be the one under:

www.google.com/voice

If that link asks you to set up a new Google Voice, that probably isn't the one. Trial and error.

WaltB

I only have 2, but I created a special google account for my Google voice A LONG TIME ago...
I forget what it is.... :(

hapollo

Sorry, if you forgot and OBI "forget", how would you expect any of us to know what it is?

Usually when you set up any gmail account you are asked for a recovery email. Once entered, an email is sent to that recovery address. If you don't have that many emails, do a search within those other possible recovery emails for sender:  accounts.google.com. Hopefully, it will contain the info you need.

If you've never setup a recovery email you may be SOL.