News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to add my Obi100 to the Obihai Dashboard

Started by dwestall, June 08, 2016, 09:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwestall

Yesterday I noticed my phone wasn't ringing on incoming calls, I picked up the handset and no dial-tone.  Comparing the caller Id on my phone with the GV call logs, it looks like the problem started back on Jun 3. I started looking in the Obi forums and found references to the new fw upgrade (2886). I performed a factory reset and upgraded the fw successfully. I then removed the device from the Obihai Dashboard and attempted to re-add, but it's not able to connect, and I'm still not getting a dial-tone. Power light is solid green, phone light is off. I've tried putting the Obi IP in the DMZ, tried a different phone, but nothing works. I'm stuck. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

drgeoff

An OBi should give dial tone even without a network cable plugged in.

Most likely the OBi100 has a hardware fault. You can confirm that by accessing its local web GUI. Click on Status then Phone Status. If you see 0 V or low voltages for VBAT and TipRingVoltage, part of the circuitry has died. With the phone on-hook you should see values within about 10% of '57 V (11.9 V)' and '45 V' for those two.

dwestall

Yes, you're right. It's showing 0 volts. I tried a different power supply, but same problem. I guess it's just dead. Bummer.

Thanks for your help,
dw

drgeoff

That's the second one in two days on this forum.  Not good.

SteveInWA

In my opinion, the 100 models should just be discontinued.  The 200 series are more reliable, more feature-rich, and are more likely to support new features going forward.

Mango

Great idea.  That is sure to make dwestall's and the other user's devices start working properly again.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Mango on June 09, 2016, 09:16:28 PM
Great idea.  That is sure to make dwestall's and the other user's devices start working properly again.

Nothing is going to make a dead piece of hardware come alive again, but if someone is going to replace it, then replacing it with a 200-series model is a better alternative than buying another 100-series model.

SteveInWA

Quote from: goldie26 on June 17, 2016, 07:13:15 PM
I too had a non responding phone port on a OBi110 few months back but was able to recover
Since you are able to access the device via browser, no harm in checking few things.
1) check if the device has truly been reset, check if any old configuration is still intact
2) perform the "Reset Configuration" from "Device Update" page

I performed a factory reset and upgraded the fw successfully. I then removed the device from the Obihai Dashboard and attempted to re-add, but it's not able to connect, and I'm still not getting a dial-tone. Power light is solid green, phone light is off.

It's dead.  Trying any further efforts would be like using a defibrillator on an Egyptian mummy.