News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Increase the number of rings

Started by Fweezal, July 31, 2016, 07:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fweezal

New to all of this stuff and, while I'm sure this has been asked before, *I* couldn't find it, so bear with me.

I am on Google Voice and a Obi 200.  Doing good so far, however, I would like to increase the number of rings from 4 (I think) to 6 or 7.  I looked all over Google Voice and didn't see any setting so I'm assuming it's an Obi setting. 

Can anyone give me a hand, please?

N7AS

This is probably the most wanted feature for Google Voice. GV Voicemail picks up in 25 seconds. There is no way to change that.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

drgeoff

It isn't a setting on the OBi and it is technically imposssible to have a setting on the OBi to control how quickly GV voicemail answers.

restamp

It is true that there is no known way of extending the *25 second timer* that Google uses to transfer a call to voicemail.  However, you can increase the number of *rings* that occur in that period by modifying the appropriate "Ring Settings > Ring Profile X > Ring Pattern Y" to have a shorter ring period.  Thus, if, for instance, you have your own answering machine that picks up on the 4th ring, and you want to ensure it beats Google to the punch, this can be a way of achieving that goal.