News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ANVEO keeps adding digimap items to my OBI200

Started by sylvaing, June 17, 2016, 08:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylvaing

Hi, although it doesn't show in OBITalk, when I connect to my OBI 200, whatever I did set in the Anveo assigned ITSP Digimap through OBITalk is preceded by the following string:

933|*xx|*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|

My Google Voice ITSP Digimap doesn't have that 'problem'.

Anybody knows how to prevent this from happening? It kinda overrides whatever I set in the digimap :-(

Taoman

How did you subscribe to Anveo?

What does it say under System Management->Auto Provisioning->ITSP Provisioning

sylvaing

Hi, thanks for the reply. I subscribed through OBITalk to get the Canadian Unlimited plan (only available for OBI devices). Settings is as follow:

Method: System Start
Interval: 0
TimeofDay: 00:00+30
ConfigURL: tftp://$dhcpopt66/$DM.xml
DnsLookupType: A Record Only
DnsSrvPrefix: No Prefix
Override: All
TPRM0: 0

Other fields are blank.

sylvaing

azrobert

Are you using OBiTalk and not the local interface to make the DigitMap change?

Try disabling the ITSP Auto Provisioning:

Method: Disabled

sylvaing

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have to use my OBi local interface with OBiTalk Provisioning method disabled otherwise the Anveo ISTP profile digimap gets modified, whether the ITSP Auto Provisioning is disabled or not.

azrobert

If I understand you correctly, everything is working as designed.

If you make configuration changes via the local interface with OBiTalk Provisioning enabled, your changes will be over written with the configuration stored on the OBiTalk Portal.

If you want OBiTalk Provisioning enabled, you can only use OBi Expert via the OBiTalk Portal to make these configuration changes.

sylvaing

No, if I let OBiTalk control my OBI200, whatever I set in the corresponding ISTP Digimap is prepended with

I have to set the OBiTalk provisiong method to Disable and use the OBi200 interface to have my OBi200 ISTP Digimap set to exactly what I want.

Taoman

Quote from: sylvaing on July 02, 2016, 04:23:07 PM
No, if I let OBiTalk control my OBI200, whatever I set in the corresponding ISTP Digimap is prepended with

I have to set the OBiTalk provisiong method to Disable and use the OBi200 interface to have my OBi200 ISTP Digimap set to exactly what I want.

I believe this is happening because you signed up for Anveo thru the OBitalk portal. Not positive but I think every time you restart your OBi, OBitalk reads/downloads a config file for your Anveo SP trunk and resets/prepends your digitmap regardless of whether you made changes via OBi Expert or not. It probably makes other changes also to tweak your settings for Anveo. I had a similar experience when I subscribed to Vestalink and used their config file. But that was done thru ITSP provisioning, not OBitalk provisioning.

Unless azrobert has some bright ideas I think you're stuck. You are only eligible for the Anveo plan you're on because you signed up thru the OBitalk web portal.

Just curious, when you log into your Anveo account can you see both your username and password under Sip Registration Details? Or are they obscured?

sylvaing

" when you log into your Anveo account can you see both your username and password under Sip Registration Details? Or are they obscured?"

Which portal are you referring to? Anveo web portal, OBiTalk or my OBi200 web portal?

Taoman

Anveo web portal.

IP Phone/ATA Device: How to connect -> Sip Registration Details

I seem to remember that Anveo OBitalk subscribers could not see their SIP credentials which means you couldn't make a Voice Gateway.

azrobert

Most people don't understand that the ITSP DigitMaps are only used when referenced by another rule. They are only automatically used in Trunk Groups, so the following suggestion will not work with TGs. You can just ignore the ITSP DigitMap and use a User Defined DigitMap.

I see by your previous posts that GV is used for USA and Anveo for Canada. The following example assumes Anveo is on your Primary line. I don't know if you added any rules to the Phone OutboundCallRoute to route calls to GV.

"(Mpli)" points to the Primary Line's DigitMap and "pli" points to the Primary Line.

Setup a User Defined DigitMap:
User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> Digit Map2
Label: ud1
DigitMap: (Your_Anveo_Rules)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port

The last rule in the DigitMap is (Mpli)
Change it to (Mud1)

The last rule in the OutboundCallRoute is {(Mpli):pli}
Change it to {(Mud1):pli}

Now your OBi will ignore the ITSP DigitMap and use the User DigitMap.

sylvaing

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Question, which other rule references the ITSP DigitMaps normally?

azrobert

The only default rules that refer to the ITSP DigitMaps are the rules for the **x prefixes. These can be found in the Phone and Auto Attendant DigitMaps and OutboundCallRoutes. Examples are "**2(Msp2)" in DigitMaps and "{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2}" in OutboundCallRoutes.

Any DigitMap, InboundCallRoute or OutboundCallRoute can be modified to refer back to any DigitMap.

An example is routing international numbers to SP2 without a prefix:
ITSP B DigitMap: (011xx.)
Add (Msp2) to the Phone DigitMap
Add {(Msp2):sp2} to the beginning of the Phone OutboundCallRoute