News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Add obi device

Started by lostobi, July 07, 2011, 04:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostobi

Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup my obi110.  My problem is adding the device.  After dialing the number **5 XXXX I receive the error Failed to connect to your device.  I am able to see my IP and tried resetting the device and using firefox and IE.  Please help...

RonR

Wih the OBi at factory defaults and connected to the Internet, can you dial **9 222 222 222 and reach the OBiTALK echo test?

lostobi

Hi RonR,

I tried dialing **9 222 222 222 and it says there is no service available to receive your call.

RonR

Using your web browser, go to the IP address returned by dialing ***1.

What is the OBi status at?:

Status -> System Status -> OBiTALK Service Status -> Status

It should be : Normal (User Mode)

If it's not, it would appear the OBi isn't making it out to the Internet.

lostobi

It says "Acquiring Service". ???

RonR

It's appears the OBi isn't making it to the Internet.

I assume the OBi is connected to a router?  If so, try temporarily connecting the OBi directly to your modem and see if you can reach **9 222 222 222.  Power cycle both the modem and the OBi after making the direct connection.  If you have DSL service and your DSL modem requires a PPPoE client on the LAN side, this will not work.

lostobi

I have a 2 in 1 Motorola SBG900 SURFboard Gateway with comcast broadband.  Any other ideas?

RonR

Not really.  I think you're going to have to get the Obihai folks to help you with this one.

lostobi

Thanks for trying Ron, I already emailed them.  There is no phone number support, right?

RonR

I believe they only do support via email.

Please let us know if your problem gets resolved and what the solution was so we can better help others.

Best of luck!

AmigaDude

You need to configure the firewall in your Surfboard to let the traffic through.  I forget the specific ports, since I chose the "easy" route and put my Obi in the DMZ mode.  There is something similar in your setup that you could use, if you feel comfortable managing the gateway.