News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to make international calls from India

Started by fisa, June 20, 2016, 06:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisa

I am using OBI200 device from India. Although, I am able to connect domestic call, I cannot make international call using google voice. My firmware is up-to-date(manually updated the firmware) and google voice account has appropriate credit. I am able to make calls through googlevoice client but get the following message when I connect it via OBI: "Cannot connect, please check the number and dial again".

Seeking for help.

Thanks,
Fisa

SteveInWA

Google Voice isn't supported in India.  Use one of the many other VoIP service providers with your OBi, instead.

drgeoff

"Not supported" and "doesn't work" are not necessarily the same thing.

What international numbers are you trying to call.  Give an example of exactly what you are dialling.  Replace the last four digits with xxxx before posting here.

Look in the Obi's Call History to see what numbers are being sent to GV after the OBi's digit maps and call routeing have operated on them.  From the phone dial ***1 and listen for the IP address.  Put that in a browser and login to the OBi's onboard GUI.  admin and admin are the default name and password.  Click on Status, then on Call History and look in the rightmost column.  Check they have the international access code that GV expects and that they are being sent to the SP that GV is configured on.

fisa

The international number being dialed is 011 91 <Indian mobile number>, the same is reflected in the call history.

SteveInWA

Quote from: drgeoff on June 21, 2016, 12:48:31 AM
"Not supported" and "doesn't work" are not necessarily the same thing.

What international numbers are you trying to call.  Give an example of exactly what you are dialling.  Replace the last four digits with xxxx before posting here.

Look in the Obi's Call History to see what numbers are being sent to GV after the OBi's digit maps and call routeing have operated on them.  From the phone dial ***1 and listen for the IP address.  Put that in a browser and login to the OBi's onboard GUI.  admin and admin are the default name and password.  Click on Status, then on Call History and look in the rightmost column.  Check they have the international access code that GV expects and that they are being sent to the SP that GV is configured on.

Google does not support (offer/provide/permit) calls made from India, to numbers in India.  Only calls from India to destinations outside of India are supported.

There are other countries, where outbound calling is not available at all, due to either governmental restrictions or prohibitive cost of providing service.

Here is the complete list:  http://support.google.com/chat/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1267644

drgeoff

@fisa
You already have the answer.

Your use of "international" (to mean calling from an OBi in India to an Indian number) and "domestic" was the opposite of my expectation.