News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is anyone having trouble registering an Obi200

Started by joejoelove, March 08, 2021, 05:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joejoelove

I've called Obihai for help and they tell me that they are having trouble on their end registering new products this has been going on since last year summertime 2020,I have yet to get my product registered just so I can use the google voice, it is now March 2021. I got the latest firmware update and no luck . Obihai told me that they have no one on their end who can fix the problem. I'm thinking of ordering another obi200 from amazon may be I just have a bad unit.
Please anyone have you had the same experience leave a message.

Taoman

Quote from: joejoelove on March 08, 2021, 05:39:53 PM
Obihai told me that they have no one on their end who can fix the problem.

Are you serious? They actually told you this? If so, that explains a lot and does not portend a fix anytime soon.....if ever.

If you search the forum you will find many threads and posts on this topic. Basically, you just have to keep trying over and over.

Tres

Same problem. New purchase, and no phone help.
Anyone else.

TheOne

I also have this issue.
New one from Amazon.

Echo works, registration times out.
Tried from 2 ISP's and same issue.

If they would let the GV auth changes be added to FW so we could locally do this not so bad but I got this to test GV and now can't do anything unless they hopefully fix it soon and don't abandon it. Searching shows this registration is a common non-stop issue.

rjniles

Everyone is having the same issue. If  when you dial **9222222222 , you get the welcome message , your OBi is working. When you enter your OBI number and get the sent to server message, wait 15-20 seconds, if it does not connect, hang up and repeat. Rinse and repeat. It may take dozens of tries.

TheOne

Not sure that makes sense, once the ** is sent additional keys pressed aren't sent so not hanging up doesn't do anything?

SoNic67

I did try the **5 sequence multiple times yesterday, and eventually my 202 device registered with GV, and worked.
Today, every time I was picking up the receiver, I got busy tone.
So I deleted the account from OBiTALK and reset-ed the device (paperclip).
Now again I cannot register it with **5

My OBi is on DMZ zone and I ven turned off the router firewall. **9 222222222 works fine (echo).

LE: I went through the new add a device process but did not check the "Link Google Voice" box. After the system accepted my device I went back and updated to add my GV account, that went thru flawlessly.

rjniles

Quote from: TheOne on March 14, 2021, 09:28:39 AM
Not sure that makes sense, once the ** is sent additional keys pressed aren't sent so not hanging up doesn't do anything?

You are right, I was having a brain fart. I modified my posting.

ProfTech

Quote from: SoNic67 on March 14, 2021, 06:17:34 PM
I went through the new add a device process but did not check the "Link Google Voice" box. After the system accepted my device I went back and updated to add my GV account, that went thru flawlessly.

Not to over simplify at all, but I'm wondering if this problem really only affects 100/110 users and 200/202 users who are trying to use GV. I recently tried to add a 110 [no GV] and it failed but I didn't really care. I Just added my ITSP using the standard web interface. However, I think this is at least the 2nd post I have seen that said it worked with a 200 as long as you aren't using Google Voice. I haven't tried adding a 200 without GV. Hmmm...

jwill370

Quote from: ProfTech on March 15, 2021, 02:56:09 AM
Not to over simplify at all, but I'm wondering if this problem really only affects 100/110 users and 200/202 users who are trying to use GV. I recently tried to add a 110 [no GV] and it failed but I didn't really care. I Just added my ITSP using the standard web interface. However, I think this is at least the 2nd post I have seen that said it worked with a 200 as long as you aren't using Google Voice. I haven't tried adding a 200 without GV. Hmmm...

It took many tries over 3 days trying to add a 212 and I almost always had "I want to configure Google Voice on this device." unchecked.  Once it was finally added to the Dashboard I was able to add GV as a Service Provider.

SteveInWA

Quote from: ProfTech on March 15, 2021, 02:56:09 AM
I went through the new add a device process but did not check the "Link Google Voice" box. After the system accepted my device I went back and updated to add my GV account, that went thru flawlessly.

No, that's not the issue.

TFSJ

I did try the **5 sequence multiple times yesterday, and eventually my 202 device registered with GV, and worked.

My OBi is on DMZ zone and I ven turned off the router firewall. **9 222222222 works fine (echo).

LE: I went through the new add a device process but did not check the "Link Google Voice" box. After the system accepted my device I went back and updated to add my GV account, that went thru flawlessly.

OBI 202 owner here. Bought mine from Amazon on Monday. Wish I had seen a review on Amazon mentioning this problem. Searching the forum brought up a lot of threads. By the time I started reading the forum I was lucky to get my device added after multiple attempts. Never tried the "No GV option" when adding the device. Had a lot of problems after the device was added to get GV registered as a service. Tried brute forcing it with repeated attempts after finding out that it is Polycom server issue. Still didn't work immediately, but let it alone for a while even after it showed "Offline" then it showed "Connected". Phone works so far and I have 2 GV accounts configured. Hopefully I won't have to setup or add device for a long while.

SteveInWA

Quote from: TFSJ on March 18, 2021, 10:19:58 PM

OBI 202 owner here. Bought mine from Amazon on Monday. Wish I had seen a review on Amazon mentioning this problem. Searching the forum brought up a lot of threads. By the time I started reading the forum I was lucky to get my device added after multiple attempts. Never tried the "No GV option" when adding the device. Had a lot of problems after the device was added to get GV registered as a service. Tried brute forcing it with repeated attempts after finding out that it is Polycom server issue. Still didn't work immediately, but let it alone for a while even after it showed "Offline" then it showed "Connected". Phone works so far and I have 2 GV accounts configured. Hopefully I won't have to setup or add device for a long while.

Again:  checking or not checking the Google Voice setup box, or opening or not opening ports is one big red herring.  It makes no difference, and the script-reader at Poly support is just repeating the same inaccurate information. 

It's like playing the slot machines.  Just keep trying until you win, or you run out of patience.

jowoane

As others have said here, patience and persistence seems to be the key.  AS a first time user, it took me 20 some tries for the server to finally recognize my obitalk 200 device.  Thanks to this forum I knew to just keep trying, and felt very lucky to get it to work that quickly.  Just that one time when it finally recognizes, you're all of a sudden all set.  I had tried with the "use Google Voice setup" block unchecked. Once my box was recognized, I went back to setup Google Voice, which probably didn't take another minute even, and I was done.  This was later on a Friday afternoon (East coast), so I'm not sure time of day makes a difference- basically it's luck.  A little later when I tried, I can send and receiver calls.  I expect that I'll be happy with it- you just have to get past the setup!