April 04, 2020, 12:18:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is GV911.com (bulkvs.com) considered "dubious", "unreliable" or inferior?  (Read 5956 times)
ppan

« on: July 20, 2018, 01:40:16 pm »

I have had an account with bulkvs.com for E911 service for more than 2 years.

I have been using it with my Linksys device, Simon Gateway and Google Voice (GV).
I have confirmed that it works by calling "911" and explaining to the operator that I needed to confirm that it worked and that they got my correct address. Everything was OK.

I now read several comments on this forum that GV911.com is "dubious" or an "unreliable" E911 service provider. Instead CallCentric and Anveo were recommended.

Why is GV911.com (bulkvs.com) considered inferior?
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 01:48:21 pm »

Do you really think saving a couple bucks a year is worth it for 911 emergency calling service?

Here's the point:  Anveo and Callcentric are long-time, established SIP VoIP service providers, with legitimate places of business, points of contact, and a long track record of providing the service.  GV911.com is none of those things -- it was created by some anonymous individual, apparently just for OBi users.

There is no risk to using a one-person-business (i.e. Circlenet) for ordinary outbound calling.  If that person stops supporting the service, one can just use another service.  But, 8 months from now, if you have a true emergency, and calling 911 stops working, you could end up dead.  So, you decide.

--Steve

Google Voice Forum Product Expert

https://support.google.com/voice/community
ppan

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 02:36:27 pm »

Do you really think saving a couple bucks a year is worth it for 911 emergency calling service?

Here's the point:  Anveo and Callcentric are long-time, established SIP VoIP service providers, with legitimate places of business, points of contact, and a long track record of providing the service.  GV911.com is none of those things -- it was created by some anonymous individual, apparently just for OBi users.

There is no risk to using a one-person-business (i.e. Circlenet) for ordinary outbound calling.  If that person stops supporting the service, one can just use another service.  But, 8 months from now, if you have a true emergency, and calling 911 stops working, you could end up dead.  So, you decide.

I have not used GV911.com but bulkvs (https://www.bulk911.com/index.html). They have been in business for many years (I do not know how many). They have been selling E911 service in bulk/wholesale for $0.72 per month and TN. Bulkvs is definitely not a one person operation.

I believe that they recently started GV911 to support individuals rather than wholesale clients, at a slightly higher price of $12/year.

I was hoping for some concrete info on why bulkvs would not be as reliable as Callcentric or Anveo.
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 02:53:26 pm »

That's as "concrete" as I can make it.  It sounds like you've made up your own mind, so there's no point in continuing this discussion.

--Steve

Google Voice Forum Product Expert

https://support.google.com/voice/community
voiper2020

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 09:25:10 pm »

Just wanted to offer some recent feedback on GV911.

We came across the GV911 service in December of 2019 and decided to given them a try for a new OBiTAlk Google Voice line.

On a 1 to 5 basis where 5 is 'Most Difficult' and 1 is 'Easiest'....setting up GV911 was about a ( 2 ) in our estimation.

The documentation needed to get things configured was solid...and no more difficult to navigate than the initial Google Voice - OBiTalk setup...so users utilizing ObiTalk and Google Voice should have no issue following the few steps needed to get GV911 Set-Up.

Paying for the service was a Snap. You will require a PayPal account to complete this...which most would agree is better than typing in your Credit Card number.

After the Payment was Made and the OBi Config was complete....I connected with the GV911 Support eMail alias to inquire how long provisioning would take and they responded in minutes.  By the time we received their mail the provisioning was complete.

We went on to Test the GV911 service via its native 922 Call-back feature and a separate Direct Call to 9-1-1....and 100% of everything check-out perfectly.

For what its worth, the GV911 Service seems to operate exactly as represented.

lhm.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 12:43:11 pm »

Works well for me.  One account # serves 3 outbound lines with same CID.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 01:17:54 pm by lhm. » Logged
Myth

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 08:45:59 pm »

It seems good to me. The signup and configuration was easy. I like that I can verify that it works by calling 922, and then it reads back the phone number and address.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 08:51:36 pm by Myth » Logged
ubergoober

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 11:18:42 am »

I've used it for a real emergency situation.  I dialed.  I got connected.  The ambulance rolled.  It arrived at the correct address.  My wife is alive.

T
vintagemoment

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 11:43:41 am »

GV911, Bulk911 and GVCNAM are all the same by the looks of things. The site is a bit sketchy to say the least. I went with Callcentric for E911.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: