June 17, 2019, 12:10:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tutorial: Setup with Google Voice and Callcentric for Caller Id Name and e911  (Read 41374 times)
drgeoff
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2018, 12:42:11 am »

Thanks for this tutorial.  I did all 8 steps and it works.  I did notice my incoming call ring is a double ring instead of ring profile type 1(single ring).  I went into the expert settings and made sure the ring type is 1 for both sp1(GV), and sp2(call centric).  Is there a way to get all my incoming calls on obi200 to ring single ring type 1 again?
Check that the RingProfile is set to A.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 12:44:06 am by drgeoff » Logged
Mrkeja

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 06:02:45 am »

Yes that fixed it!
The SP2 ring profile was set default to B.
I set it to A and now it's back to the normal ring!

Thanks so much!
GaryYang

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 10:05:42 am »

These are really helpful posts, especially the tutorial from Dwestall. I was able to follow it and set up Callcentric E911 service with my ObiTalk 200. My SP1 is GV. Now when I call 933 to verify the service, the voice echoes my address correctly. But it tells me that I called from 1-631-909-****. I don't recognize this number. It's neither my GV number, nor CC number. However, when I call this number from another phone, the phone connected to ObiTalk rings. I expect it tells me that I called from my GV number.

Do any one know what this 1-631-909-**** number is? Is this expected or have I missed any setting?

Thank you in advance.
drgeoff

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 11:50:10 am »

These are really helpful posts, especially the tutorial from Dwestall. I was able to follow it and set up Callcentric E911 service with my ObiTalk 200. My SP1 is GV. Now when I call 933 to verify the service, the voice echoes my address correctly. But it tells me that I called from 1-631-909-****. I don't recognize this number. It's neither my GV number, nor CC number. However, when I call this number from another phone, the phone connected to ObiTalk rings. I expect it tells me that I called from my GV number.

Do any one know what this 1-631-909-**** number is? Is this expected or have I missed any setting?

Thank you in advance.
Read the question by LAZARUS and the answer with explanation by SteveInWA. https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5109.msg84944#msg84944
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 11:51:43 am by drgeoff » Logged
GaryYang

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2018, 01:09:26 pm »

Thanks a lot drgeoff!!! I answered my question. I responded with a follow-up question as shown here:

"I am using Callcentric's E911 + GV. I noticed that the number read out by 933 test is not always reachable. It's only reachable for a while after I call 933. Do you know how long it remains reachable after 911 call? This is important too."

Do you know the duration that the call back number remains available?
SteveInWA

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2018, 02:28:04 pm »

Please don't cross-post the same question in multiple places.

--Steve

Google Voice Forum Product Expert

https://support.google.com/voice/community
kealolo

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2019, 07:37:21 pm »

I've just tried this, seems like the monthly cost will be at least $2.50 now since apparently they no longer give out a free number. Wish I'd known that before paying to set up the account, which is why I'm posting it here...

best
SteveInWA

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2019, 07:42:30 pm »

You don't need the inbound number, as long as you can skip CNAM.  Just pay for the E911.  And, seriously, is $1.50 per month too much to afford? 

--Steve

kealolo

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2019, 01:00:55 pm »

Hi. I just discovered that on my own, after hours of poking around and a service ticket with callcentric, and was coming back here to correct my post.

The reason I THOUGHT it was necessary to have a number are the steps 7 and 8 in your otherwise-excellent tutorial, which specifically talk about needing to enter and test it. Might want to edit that so other newbies - people who have no idea what a CNAM is - don't make the same conceptual error.

My E911 is now working, and - as you say - a good deal at $1.50/mo

thanks
KaiKaze

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2019, 11:29:51 am »

Hi. I just discovered that on my own, after hours of poking around and a service ticket with callcentric, and was coming back here to correct my post.

The reason I THOUGHT it was necessary to have a number are the steps 7 and 8 in your otherwise-excellent tutorial, which specifically talk about needing to enter and test it. Might want to edit that so other newbies - people who have no idea what a CNAM is - don't make the same conceptual error.

My E911 is now working, and - as you say - a good deal at $1.50/mo

thanks

I have been searching for this exact situation on the web.  I am planning to pull the trigger on getting obihai and callcentric but since they don't have the free number anymore all i saw was the plans they have which i thought i would have to fork out $3 a month.

I have no idea what CNAM is but i am going to look into it now. I just want to make it clear that once i purchase and setup my obihai with google voice, there will be an option for me to select $1.50 a month just for e911?  I am registered on callcentric right now and I cant seem to find this pricing anywhere lol.

I am wrong, could you assist me on what exactly to do to get that pricing just for e911? 

Thank you
SteveInWA

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2019, 01:21:27 pm »

Callcentric's website is confusing at first.  They sell inbound calling and outbound calling separately.  Since 911 service is outbound, you need to sign up for outbound calling at the per-minute (pay as you go) rate.  Once you do that, you can select 911 service for $1.50/month.

--Steve

KaiKaze

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2019, 02:03:26 pm »

Callcentric's website is confusing at first.  They sell inbound calling and outbound calling separately.  Since 911 service is outbound, you need to sign up for outbound calling at the per-minute (pay as you go) rate.  Once you do that, you can select 911 service for $1.50/month.

Thank you for clarifying that.   Do you know why its asking to add funds to balance when i select pay per use?  it automatically sets it to $5.  im assuming this balance would be used for the 911 fee?  Thank you
SteveInWA

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2019, 02:23:50 pm »

They don't offer "use first; pay later".  It's prepaid, just like a prepaid cell phone plan.  Yes, the funds will pay all CC costs/fees.

--Steve

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: