December 12, 2019, 06:40:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tutorial: Setup with Google Voice and Callcentric for Caller Id Name and e911  (Read 47426 times)
Kate

« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2019, 09:06:53 pm »

They are being forwarded to call centric as I said but when my phone rings it says unknown number.
Taoman

« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2019, 06:31:12 am »

They are being forwarded to call centric as I said but when my phone rings it says unknown number.

What does your Callcentric phone history say? When a call comes in that says "unknown" what does it say in your Callcentric call history report?
chilirock

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2019, 02:39:36 pm »

Need some help...

Here is the issue:  My test call (Step 8 ) went into a message after 1 ring.  The setup at Callcentric is supposed to send calls to voice mail after 25 seconds (5-6 rings).   I do not have any call treatments in Callcentric.  

The call was received according to Callcentric call history as well as Google Voice call history.  

I am having the same issue. For me, when I call my GV number, sometimes I hear ringback tones, but the Obi doesn't ring, or rings only once or twice before going to GV voicemail. Many of our calls are not ringing through and going to Google voicemail, even though they show up on the CC call log. It seems to have started around the same time as ThomasL's post above.

I created a similar post here: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=16253.0. I have had GV->CC setup for CNAM and e911 for more than three years. I prefer to have GV forward to CC to get the Caller Name information that Google Voice doesn't provide. In general it has been working well, with only one time (Feb 2017) where I recall having a similar issue with delays in the phone ringing.

I contacted CallCentric and provided the timestamp of a couple of test calls. They told me that for one of the calls where I didn't hear the phone ring (GV->CC), that the Obi did not respond to the "invite". When I called the CC number directly a minute or so later, the phone rang, although with some really strange sounding ringback tone patterns. I then called the GV number again (GV->CC) a minute or so later and the phone rang.

It's almost like calling the CallCentric number directly woke up the Obi to allow it to respond. I have been on 5921EX for several months now. Nothing else has changed in my network recently other than the firmware on my router that was updated, but that occurred a couple of months before the phone issues started.

Any ideas of things to check or test would be appreciated.
Kate

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2019, 04:41:06 pm »

I checked the Call Centric logs and the calls are going to my Google voice number. The only thing I noticed and I hope this can provide some insight innate the problem. When I uncheck the Obi device in the dashboard my home phone will not ring . When I check it again the phone will ring
Taoman

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2019, 06:41:38 pm »

I checked the Call Centric logs and the calls are going to my Google voice number. The only thing I noticed
You didn't notice the CNAM (name of calling party) underneath the calling number in the column titled Calling #?

Quote from: Kate
When I uncheck the Obi device in the dashboard my home phone will not ring . When I check it again the phone will ring

In the OBiTALK dashboard, does your Callcentric line (I assume on SP2?) say "Registered" under the Status column?

What happens when you call your Callcentric number directly?
Kate

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2019, 12:17:53 pm »

ou didn't notice the CNAM (name of calling party) underneath the calling number in the column titled Calling #?

It shows the name of the party calling me!

Yes it says registered in the dashboard!

When I call the call centric it did ring my google number. Now when I try it form my two cells phones the google voice number does not ring
Taoman

« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2019, 01:02:49 pm »

When I call the call centric it did ring my google number.

That doesn't make sense to me. If you are calling your Callcentric number directly it should ring your Callcentric configuration (SP2?) on your OBi device........none of which has anything to do with Google Voice.

Google Voice only comes into play when your GV number is called and it is forwarded to your Callcentric number. Right now you're testing calling your Callcentric number directly which bypasses Google Voice entirely.
If possible, have a friend call your Callcentric number directly and post what happens.
Kate

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2019, 04:39:56 pm »

Just called my call centric number and now the calls go thru to my home phone ! Calls did to go thru before . Maybe Call Centric does not have their act together!
Kate

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2019, 12:54:04 pm »

?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: