News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

The Trunk Group feature seems not working in OBI 200

Started by TTCP, June 22, 2016, 06:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTCP

I found that the Trunk Group feature seems not working in my OBI 200.

In the Physical Interfaces -> Phone -> OutboundCallRoute, I have the following piece in the rule:
{(<:1416>xxxxxxx):TG1}

In the Voice Service -> Gateways & TrunkGrps -> Trunk Group1, I set up the following:
Enable = ( Checked )
Name = TG1
TrunkList = SP3,SP4
DigitMap = (XX.S5S5)

If I dial a number that matches the (<:1416>xxxxxxx) digit map, say 1234567, I got an error saying: No service configured error.

However, in the OutboundCallRoute, if I change the piece to be:
{(<:1416>xxxxxxx):SP3}, essentially change TG1 to SP3, then I can dial out successfully.

Can someone help me on this issue?  Thanks a lot!

azrobert

What rules to you have in ITSP C-D DigitMaps?
You need a rule like "1416xxxxxxx" in both.

TTCP

ITSP C DigitMap = ()
ITSP D DigitMap = ()

( Essentially, I discard the DigitMap text box everywhere, and purely let the Phone OutboundCallRoute control both digit map and routing. But that is a separate topic I guess. But will this approach interfere with the Trunk Group feature in any unintended way ?  Has OBIHAI thoroughly tested the Trunk Group feature before they release the product? )

azrobert

As I said in my last post, add rule "1416xxxxxxx" to both the ITSP C and D DigitMaps.

Trunk Groups work differently than normal routing. Your configuration doesn't use the TG1 DigitMap. You used rule {(<:1416>xxxxxxx):TG1} to route the call to TG1. When the TG gets control it compares the altered dialed number to the SP3 DigitMap. If there is a match it will route the call to SP3. If the call fails, it will compare the altered dialed number to the SP4 DigitMap. If there is a match, the call will be routed to SP4. You don't have any rules in either DigitMap, so the call fails.

FYI when you only add digits to a dialed number, the colon is optional, like "{(<1416>xxxxxxx):TG1}".

TTCP

Thank you so much for the tips!

But if there are so much hassle in using the Trunk Group feature ( must add duplicate digit map in both places, thus creating maintenance headache, etc ), I think I might as well give up and return to using "SP3" directly in the OutboundCallRoute.

I think OBIHAI has made using the Trunk Group feature unnecessarily complicated - Redundant unnecessary multiple time digit map check during an outbound call,etc.

azrobert

There is a very easy fix to the example I gave you that will address your concern. The SP3 and SP4 DigitMaps must match an 11 digit number, so you can use rule "x." instead of "1416xxxxxxx".

Here is my suggestion:
Enable = ( Checked )
Name = (default of blank)
TrunkList = SP3,SP4
DigitMap = ()
ITSP C DigitMap = (x.)
ITSP D DigitMap = (x.) or ITSP D DigitMap = (Msp3)

The reason OBiHai requires all DigitMaps to be defined is that they can be different. Here is an example SP1 for domestic, SP2 for international and backup for SP1.
See: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11329.msg74501#msg74501

Trunk Groups are a very powerful tool. You can reduce the Phone outbound route to a single rule on a configuration with several service providers.
See: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8208.0

TTCP