News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone rings, i pick up, hear them but they can't hear me.

Started by erikgil, July 07, 2011, 04:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erikgil

Been happening all day today on incoming calls. I call them right back and all is well. I just took and incoming call after rebooting the obi and it was ok.

Anything I should be aware of or watching for?

RonR

One-way audio problems are frequently caused by Network Address Translation (NAT) problems in your router.  You can confirm this by temporarily connecting the OBi directly to your modem.  If the problem goes away, it's your router that's likely at fault.

You can sometimes eliminate the problem by forwarding SIP (5060 - 5061) and RTP (16600 - 16998) ports to the OBi.

erikgil

Ah, NAT. Well, I do have it behind a Verizon Actiontec FIOS router (Dynamic IP). I hangs right off of that. DHCP on the Actiontec only serves devices plugged directly in, but nothing else is on it except below. Oh and WIFI on the silly Actiontec is disabled.

I was worried about double NAT and my Cisco ASA but since I have it upstream of the firewall with all VZ firewall crap off, I'm not so sure about NAT.

Now behind the ASA which is behind the Actiontec I knew would be an issue. Servers and NAT statements and double NAT (THANKS VZ!) have some issues.

I can't see how since it's so close to the head end. But ya never know...

RonR

I think you're on the right track.  Single-NAT can be troublesome at times, but double-NAT is a problem waiting to happen when it come to RTP.

erikgil

Come to think of it I have the ASA behind the Actiontec as said before. But the ASA is considered a DMZ. Maybe I oughta get into the actiontec and set those ports up proper.