News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 using land line to bridge to Google voice

Started by skipro, July 07, 2011, 06:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipro

I want to use phones connected to my landline to call thru Obi and use my Google voice [service provider 1]. I connected the Obi110 to my landline with line port. I think I need to connect to the attendand but I am unable to reach it. Calling my Obi # does not work. I tried **and my # and that did not work. Can this be done and if so, how? I have this landline as a trusted caller.

RonR

If you want all incoming calls on the LINE Port to go to the Auto Attendant, set:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : aa

and (optionally) set an Auto Attendant PIN at:

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> UsePIN : (checked)
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PIN1 : (must be all digits)

If you want only selected incoming callers on the LINE Port to go to the Auto Attendant and all others to ring the OBi phone, set:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {(Mcot):aa},{ph}

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit MapX:

Label : cot
DigitMap : (aaaaaaaaaaa|bbbbbbbbbbb|ccccccccccc)

where aaaaaaaaaaa, bbbbbbbbbbb, and ccccccccccc are the CallerID's of callers who are to go to the Auto Attendant.

Be aware that due to a bug in the OBi firmware, you cannot use *78 (Do Not Disturb) to silence incoming calls destined for the OBi's phone, nor can you use *72 (Call Forward All) to forward incoming calls destined for the OBi's phone.  If either of these features is used, all InboundCallRoute processing stops on the SP1, SP2, and LINE Port trunks, breaking all your rules to send certain callers to the Auto Attendant and any other techniques utilizing similar InboundCallRoute processing on these trunks.  Even though correcting the problem is extremely simple, I've been informed by Obihai they will not be fixing this bug.

jimates

skipro,

The way I read your post is that you just connect the Obi to your land line along with your existing phones?

The design is to connect your land line to your Obi's LINE port, and then connect all the phones to the PHONE port of the Obi.

Connecting all your phones using existing wiring can be done in several different ways but make sure the existing wiring that you connect to the Obi's PHONE port does not have service (voltage) from your PSTN provider.

skipro

I apparently did not make my question clear.
Can I call out on a phone connected to my land line which is connected to Obi "LINE" but have the calls go out through my Service provider #1 [Google Voice]?
Stated other ways:
Can Obi take my outgoing call made through my land line and bridge it to my Google line and then process the call?
Can I call out on the same land line as that attached to "LINE"? Or must this call come from another number?
Must I have CallerID on my land line for the "LINE" function to work?

RonR

Phones connected to your landline will always make calls through your landline.

Phones connected to the LINE Port port of an OBI cannot make calls through the OBi.

If the OBi is connected to your landline, the OBi can make outgoing calls through your landline and receive calls from your landline.

Only phones connected to the PHONE Port of the OBi can originate calls from the OBi.

Incoming calls on any trunk of the OBi can be forwarded out another trunk of the OBi.

CallerID on your landline is not required unless you want to be able determine callers identities and do specific routing of those callers.