News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forwarding Local Mobile Calls to Google Voice when travelling

Started by Clauber, June 24, 2016, 04:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clauber

I am trying to find an answer for my question, but I couldn't find anything that really answer my doubts. I am trying to confirm that it is possible to forward calls from my mobile carrier in Egypt to Google Voice when I am travelling.

What I am looking for: I would like to leave my cellphone with my local SIM card at home and whenever I receive a call, I would like to get this call forwarded to my Google Voice and get answered in my cellphone through the internet. Is this possible?

I was expecting that Obi200 + ObiBT + Android cellphone with local SIM Card can handle this task. Is that right? I am about to purchase these items, but I want to make sure first that this is possible.

drgeoff

Your requirement is not 100% clear to me.  Is my understanding correct.

1.  A Bluetooth enabled cellphone in Egypt with Egyptian SIM and Egyptian number.

2.  Obi202 and OBiBT in Egypt.

3.  GV account.

4.  A second cell phone with you when travelling.

Clauber

Your understanding is fully correct. Obi200 + ObiBT + Android cellphone with local SIM Card will be located in Egypt. I will carry another smartphone when traveling and I would like to get local mobile Egyptian calls redirected to this smartphone that I will be carrying when traveling.

Is this possible?

drgeoff

Yes it is possible.  I don't use OBiBT to do that so have no first hand opinion as to how well it works.

azrobert

Do you want GV to call your travel Android number? You will see the GV callerid, not the original inbound callerid.

Some people have reported problems with BT. I don't know if these problems have been fixed. You will just have to try it.

You need to use OBi Expert to make the following change
Assuming GV is defined on SP1.

Voice Services -> OBiBlueTooth1 -> InboundCallRoute:
sp1(your_travel_Android#)

Edit:
I would 1st test without any config changes to see if BT will ring the phone attached to the OBi200.

Clauber

Guys,

I am trying to do this call route, but it is not working. On default configutation, my cellphone when receive a call makes the main phone connected to Obi to ring, but when I add the rule on inbound field it doesn't call my GV number. Can I use the same account to call myself in android or should I use another account in GV?

drgeoff

Quote from: Clauber on September 03, 2016, 03:35:15 PM
Guys,

I am trying to do this call route, but it is not working. On default configutation, my cellphone when receive a call makes the main phone connected to Obi to ring, but when I add the rule on inbound field it doesn't call my GV number. Can I use the same account to call myself in android or should I use another account in GV?
Using a GV number to call itself is how you access the voicemail messages.

Clauber

Quote from: drgeoff on September 04, 2016, 12:55:13 AM
Quote from: Clauber on September 03, 2016, 03:35:15 PM
Guys,

Using a GV number to call itself is how you access the voicemail messages.

I added a SIP3 with another account of GV. Can I use this account to call the SIP1 (my main account of GV)? I added the Inbound rule on the Bluetooth section like different ways as below and it didn't work.

ph,ph2,sip3(my number GV)
sip3(my number GV)
ph,sip3(my number GV)
etc....

drgeoff

If you really put sip3 instead of sp3 in the InboundCallRoute, that would fail.

Clauber

I feel stupid now. You are right, it should be sp3, not sip3. Now it is working fine.

Thanks a lot.