News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV Dialer sometimes takes 10min to dial my desk line

Started by VisionariesThrive, June 30, 2016, 01:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VisionariesThrive

I have a OBI 200
I have GV on SP1 and Callcentric on SP2..  
When a call comes in, my desk and cell phone ring at the same time. Perfect.

GV and the Dialer talk to Google Contacts fine.

When I dial out with GV, sometimes my desk line rings immediately and other times it takes 10min to ring my desk phone.

Any idea what might be going on?

Primary Line for Outgoing Calls is not ticked
Callcentric is ticked with incoming calls will ring on Phone 1 (What designates Phone 1?)
Voicemail notification is ticked
Service Provider: Callcentric
Proxy Server Port: 5060

Google Chat: no tick

Any help will be appreciated.

drgeoff

1.  I don't know what 'Dialer' is.  If you mean the facility to initiate a GV call from your computer and have it ring your OBi then ring the callee, then my understanding is that GV discontinued that facility yonks ago.

2.  Primary Line (on the Phone Port) is a drop down selection, not a tick box.  That is irrelevant anyway as it only comes into play for outgoing calls dialled from the phone.

3.  ph1 and ph are equivalent names.  Your 200 has only 1 phone port but an Obi202 has 2 phone ports and uses ph or ph1 for one phone port and ph2 for the other phone port.

VisionariesThrive

drgeoff,
thanks for getting back to me..
but I've consistently used the GV "dialer" (red button call feature) for the last two weeks.. since I opened my account. It is tied to my Google Contacts and pulls all the contacts up, and updates as well.. It dials out, my Callcentric activates and my desk phone generally rings back with a quick double ring.. I pick up and the call goes out..

Since mine works, do you know what might cause the call back to my desk phone to be usually immediate but sometimes as long as 10min? Does it have something to do with Callcentric? Might another softphone solve the problem? does Callcentric have a lag because of busy lines?