News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calling my GV number from my obi

Started by ayryq, July 01, 2016, 11:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ayryq

Hi, new Obi user, found the setup very simple and i can make and receive calls at my google voice number... except for one. Back before I cancelled my landline I could call my GV number from my house and it would ring my cell, or call the same number from my cell and it would ring my house. Now I can go one way (cell to house) but not the other; if I call my GV number from the house it goes straight to voicemail menu (in spite of setting for Google Chat voicemail to "No."

I can call my cell phone's "real" number but then things work funny (voice mails go to verizon's system instead of GV) and no one knows that number anyhow (been using GV for many years).

How can I configure this so that dialing my GV number from my house will ring my cell phone?

Thanks,
Eric

SteveInWA

Hi, and welcome to OBi-Land!

Google Voice treats OBi devices as Google Chat clients.  Chat was originally designed as a PC-based software application, and so it doesn't mimic all the functions of a regular 10-digit forwarding phone number.  The setting to go directly to voicemail, or not, is ignored.