News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2886 doesn't help, can't add device - **5 gets fast busy

Started by DieterProvisionen, June 24, 2016, 11:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DieterProvisionen

UPDATE:
Solution - I had to reset the obi. What an absolute nightmare, now I have to spend rest of the day fixing other people's boxes.  I'm not even sure I'll be able to re-configure line 2 without using the obitalk portal (to hell), looking forward to the joy of discovery with the latest undocumented firmware.
Looking forward (no sarcasm here) to the day I find an Open Source solution so I send all Obi products to the landfill where they belong, along with their creepy hidden backdoors and firmwares.

ORIGINAL POST BELOW
--------------------------
Phone using Google Voice stopped working yesterday.
Firmware version 2886 already installed (verified).

Before I updated fw I used to configure the obi manually (entering IP address in browser, etc...).
I set auto provisioning/obitalk settings back to default before I upgraded to 2886, and before attempting to add device using obitalk portal.

Like subject says, any time I try to add device by pressing **5 + four digit number, I never get to the four digit number, I get a fast busy signal as soon as I enter **5.

I do get a dial tone on my phone (but get "no service available" message when I dial a phone number).
The obi echo test works.

I don't know what else to try.  Google voice has worked for years before this recent fiasco.

Suggestions?

Taoman

Quote from: DieterProvisionen on June 24, 2016, 11:44:24 AM
UPDATE:
Solution - I had to reset the obi. What an absolute nightmare, now I have to spend rest of the day fixing other people's boxes.  I'm not even sure I'll be able to re-configure line 2 without using the obitalk portal (to hell)

That got a chuckle out of me. I'm not sure the Obitalk web portal is quite as onerous as you make it out to be. However, you will need to use it in order to configure Google Voice with the firmware version you are now using.

However, if you really don't want to use the Portal (to hell) but want to continue to use GV you can subscribe to the Simonics GV gateway for a one-time fee of $6. Using the gateway allows you to continue using GV via a SIP connection allowing you to configure your device locally and not use the portal. As a bonus you also get CNAM on incoming GV calls.