News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 offline after modem - router restart/reset

Started by VOIPsmasher, July 03, 2016, 09:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOIPsmasher

Every time I have to restart my modem & router my Obi100 goes offline, "there is no service available to complete your call" and shows offline in dashboard.

Two questions. This is a consistent problem since I've owned this Obi100 for several years. Is it possible to avoid it?

What's the fastest and easiest way to get back online after a modem/router restart? Right now it ends up being a big hassle with having to delete the device and factory reset and blah blah until I can finally get it working again.

drgeoff

You should not need to do anything as drastic as a factory reset or deleting the OBi from your Dashboard.

The OBi should come back on line either with no intervention from you or in the worst case need a power cycle.

Anything unusual about your modem or router?

VOIPsmasher

I wish it would just reconnect after modem/router restarts. Incidentally both the modem and router have been replaced after switching to a new ISP. I have the same problem now that I had with the old modem and router. I don't believe I've done anything unusual with the setup of the router. I didn't have anything to do with the installation of the modem in either case.

This time I didn't actually have to factory reset the Obi but I did have to delete the device from the portal and re-add.

drgeoff

Did you solve the previous issues of not being able to ping the OBi100 nor access its local web server?

VOIPsmasher

If you're referring to an old thread, yes. Those were issues I was having with my old modem/router.

Mango

What VoIP service provider do you use?

What router do you use?

drgeoff

After a modem or router restart/rest please ascertain:

1.  whether or not the OBi100 gets a valid IP address on your LAN.  Can you access its local web server?

2.  Whether or not the OBi100 is able to reach the internet.  Can you call the **9 222 222 222 echo test number?

VOIPsmasher

Quote from: Mango on July 04, 2016, 08:46:52 PM
What VoIP service provider do you use?

Google Voice

What router do you use?

TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750