News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 cannot connect to internet

Started by redmei2008@gmail.com, July 08, 2011, 08:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redmei2008@gmail.com

Hello, everyone. I bought this Obi110 about three months ago and it was working without any problem. We used it as a backup for cell phones cause the reception is not very good inside the house.

This afternoon I was trying to make a call with it but it did not go through, then I found that the power light on the device is flashing and the other three lights are off. I tried to reconnect the ethernet cable but it did not work. The cable and router are OK since I tested with a laptop. Also tried to power off the device and put it back. Did not help either. From the user guide it says flashing green means "The OBi is looking for a DHCP IP address". Looks like something is wrong with the Obi110.

I searched and someone says their devises occasionally stop working, but not like this. Is there anyone having a similar problem? Can I reset/restore it? I did not find a reset button/hole on it. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

RonR

Dialing ***1 will report the IP address assigned to the the OBi if DHCP was successful.

If all else fails, you can try resetting the OBi through the small hole in the bottom of the unit.  The hole is in the left-front of the unit when looking at the bottom.  It's larger than the rest and has a double circle around it.  Use a paper-clip and hold it down until the power led turns red.  Don't worry about reconfiguring the unit at first.  Make sure the OBi gets an IP address and you can reach the OBiTALK echo test at **9 222 222 222 before you go any further.  If that doesn't correct the problem, reset it again, this time holding the paper-clip down for an extended period of time until you hear the internal relay click, indicating a reboot.  The unit should then be at factory defaults.  Check again for an IP address and see if you can reach the OBiTALK echo test at **9 222 222 222.

redmei2008@gmail.com

Hi, RonR, thanks for your reply.
Now it is connected ( Do not know how.) The problem is I lost the dial tone. Here is what happened this morning.

Both the power led and phone led are solid green. I picked up the phone. No dial tone. Tried ***1 and other numbers, nothing happened.

Logged into the Obi dashboard. I can see the device connected. Saw a icon for updating the firmware. Was able to update the firmware but still no dial tone. I reset the device via holding the reset button. The power led flashed and the device rebooted.

The status on dashboard became "online unmanaged" and the google voice service became "service not configured". I reconfigured the google voice. It didn't help. Found a post online about the unmanaged device. He solved it by deleting the device and readding it. Deleting the device was easy. However, I was not able to add it back cause I do not have the dial tone. No response no mater what I dial on the phone.

I found one post about this "Lost dial tone after firmware update".
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=263.0

However, the solution was not posted. Please let me know what I can do now. Thanks.

RonR

You don't need the OBiALK Web Portal, Dashboard, or anything else for the OBi to work properly.  An OBi straight out of the box at factory defaults should have dialtone and should be able to successfully call the echo test at **9 222 222 222.  Until you can accomplish this, there's no need to worry about configuration.  If you can't get dialtone after resetting the OBi to factory defaults, either the telephone plugged into the OBi or the OBi itself has failed.

Once you have dialtone and the OBi can reach the echo test from factory defaults, configuring the OBi manually for Google Voice is trivial:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Vocice
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice Username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuhPassword : (Google Voice Password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service.

redmei2008@gmail.com

I have tried two different phones that are previously working. I could not get any dialtone from both. Something is wrong with my obi110. How can I get this fixed? Can I get it repaired or replaced. Thanks.

jimates

send an email to support@obihai.com. They will replace the unit if necessary.