News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110 and asterisk - no outgoing calls

Started by jfnichols, July 09, 2011, 09:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfnichols

Hi,
Im trying to use the obi as a trunk on a trixbox server. incoming calls on the pots line come to the sip phones just fine, but when I try to make outgoing calls I hear two rings and it just stops. The asterisk CLI tells me the call has been answered but it has not. And there is still dial tone on the pots when I hear the ringing on the sip phone.

Also it was working alright until a few days ago when lightning hit our telephone line, and after the line was repaired, no outgoing calls could be made. It doesn't seem the obihai device was effected since incoming calls are still received and all lights appear normal.

RonR

Can you make calls through the PSTN from the telephone connected to the OBi PHONE Port?  If so, the OBi LINE Port is probably not damaged.

How do you have the OBi configured to work with Tribox?

jfnichols

I can make calls from the obi's phone port which has the PSTN as the primary line.

I followed mostly this guide (http://www.freepbx.org/book/export/html/12975) minus the google voice integration with separate dial prefixes for using the pstn and gv, since i just want to use the pstn.

When it worked before, for outgoing calls I would hear one ring which sounded very clear and the subsequent rings had a slight bit of static which I took to be the actual PSTN rings. Its seems not to be getting to that stage now.

When I change the "DetectOutboundConnectMethod" in the obihai LINE port settings from none to detect polarity reversal or speech, outgoing calls on the sip phones just keep ringing until I hang up and picking up a regular phone while it rings still gives a dial tone.

Hopefully some of that is helpful..

RonR

If you can make calls from the OBi phone, there's no need to start changing PSTN settings like "DetectOutboundConnectMethod".

What are you showing in the OBi's Call History on the failed calls from Tribox?

Due to a bug in the OBi firmware, make sure you don't have Do Not Disturb (*78) or Call Forward All (*72) enabled.  If either of these features is used, all InboundCallRoute processing stops on the SP1, SP2, and LINE Port trunks, breaking the OBi's ability to use techniques such as those you're employing here.  Even though correcting the problem is extremely simple, I've been informed by Obihai they will not be fixing this bug.

jfnichols

The outgoing calls are showing in the obihai call history, like this:

Terminal ID SP2                  LINE1
Peer Name        <my pots #>
Peer Number <my pots #> <dialed number>
Direction         Inbound         Outbound
15:38:50         Ringing
15:38:57                        Call Connected
15:39:05         End Call

When you refer to the bug with do not distrurb and call forward all, do you mean these as options from asterisk that the obihai does not handle? I have not been using these options in asterisk btw.

RonR

Does that Call History show the correct number was dialed on the LINE Port?  From what I'm seeing, it appears the call was made properly on the LINE Port and the OBi thinks it was answered.

You cannot enable Do Not Disturb or Call Forward All in the OBi itself.  If you do, ALL InboundCallRoute processing in the OBi on SP1, SP2, and LINE will stop functoning.

jfnichols

The call history does show the correct number, but the phone that I dialed does not ring at all and the pstn at least doesnt seem to ever get used since I can pick up a regular phone while the sip phone making the call is ringing and the regular phone still has a dial tone.

Both the obi and the asterisk box do indicate that the call has been answered even though it has not been.

RonR

That's really weird.  Making a PSTN call from the OBi's PHONE Port and making a call from SP2's InboundCallRoute should be identical as far as actually manipulating the LINE Port goes.  If a call from the OBi phone works, one from SP2 should also.

jfnichols

I see what you  mean.

Do you think it could be asterisk that is first incorrectly declaring the call as answered? It seems like asterisk would be receiving that signal from the obi which would get it from the phone line, though.

I'll do some more troubleshooting later and see what I can come up with. thanks for your input.

RonR

Quote from: jfnichols on July 10, 2011, 09:22:04 AM
Do you think it could be asterisk that is first incorrectly declaring the call as answered? It seems like asterisk would be receiving that signal from the obi which would get it from the phone line, though.

The OBi handles the LINE Port (and every other trunk) totally on its own.  From the Call History log you posted, it appears the OBi thinks the call on the LINE Port was made and answered (and if so, would report same back to Asterisk).

There's something missing here.  Things don't appear to be as they seem.

jfnichols

I haven't had much time to look into it the last couple of days, but I did notice that when connecting a different phone to the phone port of the obi, it could not make outgoing calls. Pushing the numbers did not make a tone and did not cause the dial tone to go away. When I connect that same phone straight into the pots, it is able to make calls however..