News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bridge the call to SIP from Line-In using AA or by pressing any Key(* or #)

Started by atikansari, July 09, 2011, 11:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atikansari

I just brought the Obi110 device and configured the Action VoIP on SP2.
There is an analog telephone connected to the OBi110 phone port.
There is PSTN line is connected to Line-In

My Default line is set to PSTN because my most of the calls are local and our local dialing pattern is 7 Digits(Eg# 893-xxxx).
I want to setup the dial plan that local calls should be go through PSTN and International(0091-xxxxxxxxxx or 0097-xxxxxxxxxx) call should be go through SIP account.
and I also want to call my line-in number from that bridge the call through my SIP account.

how can I achieve this, sorry I am newbie to VoIP. help will be appreciated.

RonR

Quote from: atikansari on July 09, 2011, 11:54:59 PM
I want to setup the dial plan that local calls should be go through PSTN and International(0091-xxxxxxxxxx or 0097-xxxxxxxxxx) call should be go through SIP account.

Assuming you have Actionvoip configured and working on SP2 as discussed here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=858.msg7182#msg7182

make the following additional change:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:

(xxxxxxxS4|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|xx.)

7/10/11 digits  ->  PSTN  (10-digits will have a leading 1 added)
            011+  ->  SP2    (011 will be changed to 00 when processed by SP2)

Quote from: atikansari on July 09, 2011, 11:54:59 PM
I also want to call my line-in number from that bridge the call through my SIP account.

To make calls out through Actionvoip from your PSTN line, you will have to go through the OBi Auto Attendant.

Do you have CallerID on incoming calls from your PSTN line?  If so, you can have certain callers on the PSTN line go to the Auto Attendant and the rest ring the OBi phone.  Without CallerID on the PSTN line, all calls will have to go to the Auto Attendent if you wish any to go there.  Callers can still reach the OBi phone by pressing 1 at the Auto Attendant menu.

atikansari

i don't have caller id feature, and when i call my home number auto attended not answering. How can i enable it and make the calls.

Thanks RonR for your great help. without your help i couldn't able to setup my device....many many thanks for your quick reply.

RonR

To route all incoming calls on the LINE Port to the Auto Attendant, set:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : aa

When the Auto Attendant answers, callers will be prompted to press:

1 to continue this call (ring the OBi phone)

2 to make a new call (make an outgoing call as if using the OBi phone)

3 to enter a callback number (have the Auto Attendant call you back after hanging up)

To allow only authorized callers to make outgoing calls, you may wish to PIN protect the Auto Attendant:

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> UsePIN : (checked)
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PIN1 : (must be all digits)

NOTE: Due to a bug in the OBi firmware, you will not be able to enable Do Not Disturb (*78) or Call Forward All (*72) on the PHONE Port and still be able to reach the Auto Attendant from the LINE Port.  If either of these features is used, all InboundCallRoute processing stops on the SP1, SP2, and LINE Port trunks, breaking the OBi's ability to use techniques such as reaching the Auto Attendant.  Even though correcting the problem is extremely simple, I've been informed by Obihai they will not be fixing this bug.

atikansari

thanks for your support to enable the AA but after connecting to AA from Line-In, I can't route the calls to SP2(VoIP provider). always getting invalid number.
even dial plan also not working on my phone. i can make local 7 digits call but i can't make the international calls using SP2. Any Idea.

jimates

Calling through the AA like this will always use the service that is set as the default outgoing line, which is your PSTN.

RonR

Quote from: jimates on July 11, 2011, 08:34:00 AM
Calling through the AA like this will always use the service that is set as the default outgoing line, which is your PSTN.

The Auto Attendant has its own PrimaryLine which is totally independent of the PHONE Port.  All DigitMap overrides and PHONE Port dialing conventions are also available from the Auto Attendant.

RonR

Quote from: atikansari on July 11, 2011, 03:37:18 AM
thanks for your support to enable the AA but after connecting to AA from Line-In, I can't route the calls to SP2(VoIP provider). always getting invalid number.
even dial plan also not working on my phone. i can make local 7 digits call but i can't make the international calls using SP2. Any Idea.

These changes:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : aa

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> UsePIN : (checked)
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PIN1 : (must be all digits)

would have no effect on calls from the OBi PHONE Port.

Double-check these settings:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(<00>1xxxxxxxxxx|<001>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<001aaa>xxxxxxx|<011:00>xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:

(xxxxxxxS4|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|xx.)

jimates

Quote from: RonR on July 11, 2011, 09:04:02 AM
Quote from: jimates on July 11, 2011, 08:34:00 AM

The Auto Attendant has its own PrimaryLine which is totally independent of the PHONE Port.  All DigitMap overrides and PHONE Port dialing conventions are also available from the Auto Attendant.

And if you have not changed it, it defaults to the same as the outgoing default service. So pressing 1 to continue the call will use the AA's PrimaryLine, which is likely the same as your outgoing primary line.

RonR

Quote from: jimates on July 11, 2011, 10:49:12 AM
And if you have not changed it, it defaults to the same as the outgoing default service. So pressing 1 to continue the call will use the AA's PrimaryLine, which is likely the same as your outgoing primary line.

Pressing 1 to continue rings the Auto Attendant -> NumberOnNoInput setting which, by default, is the PHONE Port (0).

atikansari needs both PHONE Port and Auto Attendant PrimaryLine's set to PSTN Line as we are using overrides in the LINE Port DigitMap to automatically route international calls to SP2.

atikansari

after all config changes, i reset the device and configured from scratch. i configured the Action VoIP on SP1 and make the default line to PSTN. configured the below Digimap on Phone port.
(xxxxxxxS4|<0>[2-9]xxxxxxx|<**1>00xx.|xx.)
after that my 7/9 -> calls are going through PSTN
and 00(International)-> calls are going through SP1.

i don't why the digimap planning not working on Line Port.