News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do you make OBi110 forward the caller ID too?

Started by dialtone, July 13, 2011, 12:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dialtone

SP1 is connected to a Google Voice account, number 123-456-7890
SP2 is registered to an Asterisk SIP account, number 4567

With these SP1 settings inplace:
  CallForwardUnconditionalEnable (x)
  CallForwardUnconditionalNumber SP2(9876)
All inbound calls to the Google Voice number 123-456-7890 make the Asterisk SIP 9876 number phone ring.
It works everytime anyone calls 123-456-7890.

The only problem is the caller ID of the person calling 123-456-7890 does not show on the 9876 phone.
Regardless of the caller you always see the caller ID 4567, because that is the Asterisk extension from where the call (seems) to originate.
I can understand that, but ...

Is there any way to make the actual caller's ID come thru (or pass thru) the OBi110 to Asterisk to the SIP extension?

FYI, when I set Google Voice to send calls to my mobile phone, I get the actual caller's ID.

RonR

Do you have?:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP  -> X_SpoofCallerID : (checked)

dialtone

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP  -> X_SpoofCallerID :
Under the "Value" column the checkbox is grayed out.
Under the "Default" column the the checkbox is checked.

RonR

You have to uncheck the Default box in order to change (check) the actual setting.  With Default selected, X_SpoofCallerID is disabled.

dialtone

Did that and made a little bit of progress...
the inbound call from outside use to show "Device" with "4567"
after making the above changes now
the inbound call from outside shows "4567"
regardless of the actual Caller ID.

What else can I do?

QBZappy

dialtone,

Here is a post by obi-support2 which might help you with your CID issue. Not based on the call forward method you are trying to implement.

Quote from: obi-support2 on March 31, 2011, 03:01:36 PM
OBi passes both, name and number, from the original call, if X_SpoofCallerID is yes.
ITSP however might not take it, and may reject the call all together. That's why
this is option depending on your ITSP.

However, using the SP2(xyz > abc) syntax in an InboundCallRoute, it can only spoof the number; we currently don't have a syntax for spoofing a name this way.

Also, even when we spoof it, the ITSP can selectively take the name or number part as they please and present the call to the final destination.

You have more control if the "ITSP" is a PBX (like Asterisk) for example. I do not expect this option to be very useful for a general commercial ITSP.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=530.msg3242#msg3242
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

CallerID spoofing my not work on calls bridged using Call Forward Unconditional.  CallerID spoofing has not been an area many have had great success with, due to unclear/lack of documentation and what appears to be bugs or omissions.

You might try using the SP1 X_InboundCallRoute instead of Call Forward Unconditional:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {(xx.)>(xx.):sp2($1>9876)}

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallForwardUnconditionalEnable : (unchecked)

Keep:

RonR

I'm not an Asterisk expert, but I just had a thought...

It appears you have SP2 registered on Asterisk as an extension (4567).  If that's the case, won't Asterisk simply show all incoming calls as from 4567 and not even be looking for incoming CallerID?  I believe you would need to have SP2 registered as a trunk on Asterisk, in which case CallerID would be passed (if present) to the receiving extension.

dialtone

Quote from: RonR on July 13, 2011, 09:03:19 PM
CallerID spoofing my not work on calls bridged using Call Forward Unconditional.  CallerID spoofing has not been an area many have had great success with, due to unclear/lack of documentation and what appears to be bugs or omissions.

You might try using the SP1 X_InboundCallRoute instead of Call Forward Unconditional:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {(xx.)>(xx.):sp2($1>9876)}

Keep:

It just will not accept the
after I hit the Submit button and reboot, it comes back with
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : ph
done it 3 times so far and nothing but "ph".

What am I doing wrong?

RonR

If you're working on the OBi locally (as opposed to through the OBiTALK Web Portal), you must disable Auto Provisioning:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

dialtone

Ok, after applying the following ...
Quote from: RonR on July 13, 2011, 09:03:19 PM

Keep:

I rebooted the OBi110, but now inbound calls to my GV number 123-456-7890 do not even go to Asterisk.
The Asterisk SIP 9876 number does not ring.
But the caller can hear ringing and it eventually goes into my GV voicemail.

RonR

Try just : {SP2(9876)}

RonR

Call Status (while the call is in progress) and Call History (after the call has ended) can be be helpful to figure out what's going on.

dialtone

So I am back to my original situation.
The inbound call from outside shows "4567" regardless of the actual Caller ID.

The Call History and Call Status do however show the correct Peer Number.

RonR

Are you sure that Asterisk will accept CallerID from an extension?  It doesn't make a lot of sense that it would.  Can you reconfigure your SP2 -> Asterisk to be a trunk on the Asterisk side instead of an extension?  Trunks definitely accept CalleriD.