News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to call Gtalk users

Started by Riyas, July 10, 2011, 12:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riyas

Hello !!!

I would like to know if I can call gtalk users (username@gmail.com format) by using Speed dials. I've tried many settings but It's not working. My Gtalk account is in SP2

Thanks for your help guyz

MichiganTelephone

For a short time (less than a full day) a few months back Google Voice did accept calls via sip at (11 digit Google Voice number)@sip.voice.google.com.  Several of us made test calls and it worked great, then it inexplicably stopped working and has never worked again, as far as I know.  Sorry.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

jimates

Riyas,

You can't call a google sip address or an @gmail address, but you can call GoogleTalk uses through speed dial.

- GoogleChat support:
   Using GoogleTalk client on PC/MAC -> click on the phone icon to call - can call into OBi SP1/SP2 GV and vice versa (provided that the caller/callee are already buddies on GoogleTalk).
   Note: Enter the callee name without the @gmail.com on the speed dial of the OBi.

Here is the original post
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=349.msg1827#msg1827

Riyas

Hi, thanks for your help guys.

@Jimates; Yes, I am trying to call googletalk users through speed dial. I've followed your instruction. I've added the callee name but it's not working.

Your link is not working for me. I have this error message "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you". If you have topic's subject, I'll search for it.

Thanks again

Riyas

Ok I got it now... It's working... We need to add **2 (for SP2) in front of username. It's working great. Thanks :)

jimates

Glad it's working now. Sorry for the bad link, it is for a post in the Beta Testers forum that can only be accessed by invite.

earthtoobi

what i have seen is that,  calls work fine as long as you use gtalk client. if you use the embedded chat client in gmail, you can see that it rings and you can answer. but there is no audio on both sides.