News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PLEASE HELP WITH MY OBIHAI SETUP. IT IS NOT WORKING FOR ME.

Started by LSFD, July 29, 2016, 08:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LSFD

I have two google voice numbers which I intend to use separately (one for calls and the other for fax).  Below is my setup and I can not receive fax (but I can send fax).  It seems that when somebody sends me fax, Phone 1 (not Phone2) picks up the fax.  I am not sure on this; somebody with expertise please help me.  Is it my setup?

Phone 1      Phone 2(Fax)
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to:             SP1             SP2
Phone Rings on Incoming Calls from:                   SP1             SP2

LTN1

Can you do a screenshot of each of the SP pages to ensure you have the proper box checked or unchecked? You can black out your confidential information before you post.

Also visually confirm again that the fax phone line runs from the fax to the phone 2 connection on the OBi202.

In your GV account (not the OBi configuration), how are you configuring the forwarding number? Are you forwarding it to both Google Chat and a forwarding number--or just Google Chat? Screenshots of both of your GV accounts forwarding number pages would also be helpful (of course, black out any of your personal information).

LSFD

Attached please see the screen shots.  I set both GV voicemail to different cellphones if the phones are not pickedup.

azrobert

You can check if the actual OBi202 configuration matches what you set on the portal.
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Go to: Voice Services -> SP2 Service
The X_InboundCallRoute should be "ph2" or "{ph2}"

Edit:
Are you saying when someone calls your GV2#, the phone port #1 rings?

LSFD

Appreciate your help.  My computer literacy is low. please be patient with me.  I think you meant this webpage, right?  I screenshot this webpage for you.

azrobert

No, you won't be using the portal.
You will log directly into the OBi202 using its IP address.
1st get the IP address by dialing ***1
It will be a number like 192.168.1.100
Key the IP address of the OBi202 into a Web Browser, like Internet Explorer.
Hit Enter
You will get a popup requesting the UserID and Password.
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
You will get a System Status screen.
On the left column click Voice Services, then click SP2 Service
The X_InboundCallRoute should be "ph2" or "{ph2}" without the quotes.

LSFD

When I called ***1 to get IP address.  It only says "xxx.xxx.x.xx DHCP is enabled".  Notice that the IP address is missing one digit in the last group.  When I typed it in internet explorer, nothing comes up.  I called ***1 twice and I got the same number.  My internet provide is AT&T Uverse.  Does it have anything to do with it?

drgeoff

Quote from: LSFD on July 29, 2016, 02:33:45 PM
When I called ***1 to get IP address.  It only says "xxx.xxx.x.xx DHCP is enabled".  Notice that the IP address is missing one digit in the last group.  When I typed it in internet explorer, nothing comes up.  I called ***1 twice and I got the same number.  My internet provide is AT&T Uverse.  Does it have anything to do with it?

You need to enable access. Dial ***0. Then key 3011 and hang up. You should then be able to access the address you got when you dialled ***1.

Nothing to do with AT&T.

LSFD

I tried dialing ***0 and then 3011#, then hung up.  I did this several times and nothing came up.  After I typed in 3011#, it continuously asked me to enter more options - as if the option of 3011 did not affect anything.

azrobert

Try using OBi Expert via the portal.
On the Dashboard to the right of your OBi202 click on the Gear icon.
Select OBi Expert, confirm and select OBi Expert again.
On the left column click Voice Services, then click SP2 Service
There are 2 boxes to the right of X_InboundCallRoute
Uncheck the box under OBiTalk Setting then uncheck the box under Device Default.
The X_InboundCallRoute should be "ph2" or "{ph2}" without the quotes.
If it's not, change it to ph2
Then click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration change to the OBi202 and reboot it.

LSFD

I did it. I had to change from "ph, ph2'' to only "ph2".
do you know how long it takes to download new configuration to my Obi 202.  just a moment, I tried to receive fax again, but it has not worked yet.  Maybe, I have to give it time to reboot.
thanks.  I will let you know if it works by Monday

azrobert

It only takes a couple minutes to download and re-boot. Your previous configuration should have worked. It would ring both phone ports and the fax should have picked up. Try calling your 2nd GV number using your 1st GV account. Does the 2nd phone port ring? Does the fax answer the call and do you hear the fax tone?

LSFD

I called the fax line from my cellphone at home and i did not hear the fax responding.  What did i do wrong?  I just bought my Obihai from Obihai.  Shouldn't be any defect?

LTN1

Quote from: LSFD on July 29, 2016, 09:26:40 PM
I called the fax line from my cellphone at home and i did not hear the fax responding.  What did i do wrong?  I just bought my Obihai from Obihai.  Shouldn't be any defect?

Is the cell phone that you used to call, a completely unrelated number to your GV accounts or is it in any way a forwarding number to your one of your GV accounts?

LSFD

LTN1

Is the cell phone number you are using listed as a forwarding number to the GV number that you are calling?

azrobert

Sign into your 2nd GV account.
Click the gear icon and select Settings.
You will get a list of your forwarding phones.
Google Chat should be checked.
If it's not, your OBi202 won't ring.

azrobert

This is one reason why use crazies don't use the portal to configure our devices. See replies 9 and 10 above.  This isn't the 1st time the portal settings didn't match the actual configuration.

LSFD

I tried to login my 2nd GV usung my cellphone.  But it doesnot offer me an option to select google chat.  My laptop is at my workplace.  I will do it tomorrow and let you know. Thanks

LSFD

It works!!!!.  thanks.  If there is any more problem with my setup, may I contact you again.
thanks again.