News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callerid When Bridging from GV

Started by danlewis, July 31, 2016, 11:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danlewis

I have an OBI100, yes I know it is an older model.

SP1 is my Asterisk server, SP2 is Google Voice.

When a call arrives via Google Voice, it rings on both ph and sp1(someext).

On SP2 voice settings, X_InboundCallRoute is: ph,sp1($1>someext)

On ITSP SIP B, used by SP2, X_SpoofCallerID is checked.

Call comes in, my sip extension along with the wired phones ring.  However caller id on the SIP extension is the internal SP1 extension, not the outside caller.

Have I configured something incorrectly or does this not work with GV?

Thanks for any assistance,

Dan

azrobert

X_SpoofCallerID should be enabled on SP1 (the trunk used to bridge the call), but I still don't think it will work.

I bridge the call using the IP address of Asterisk:
ph,sp1(extn@xx.xx.xx.xx)

You need to enable Anonymous calls or tell Asterisk the IP address of your OBi100.
I defined a trunk pointing to the IP address of my OBi. I use this trunk to route call to the OBi and allow Asterisk to receive calls. If you don't need this function, you can just define a dummy trunk with the address of your OBi100.

See the trunk definition here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10934.msg71982#msg71982

danlewis

I don't need the trunk, SP1 is already registered to Asterisk.

I altered sip.conf to not send Callerid.  Now I see $1 show up on my sip phone, but it is literally "$1" as opposed to the callerid.  Does $1 get populated with callerid on an inbound GV call?

danlewis

Still no answer on this...nor any response from Obi Tech Support on whether this is a bug...so allow me to ask again:

Is there a bug (or is it by intent) that $1 does not get populated with the CallerID of an incoming GV call bridged to SIP?

Can anyone else validate?

azrobert

Try this:
SP2 voice settings, X_InboundCallRoute: ph,sp1(someext)
ITSP SIP A (not B) X_SpoofCallerID: Checked

If that doesn't work, try my suggestion (including the dummy trunk) in my reply above.

If it does work, please post the parm you added to turn off the extension CallerID.

$1 is populated with the CallerID on any inbound provider. A long time ago I tested the syntax you're using and I never got it to work.

This syntax will work:
sp1(extn@xx.xx.xx.xx;ui=$1)
It will not pass CNAM.

Using only the IP address and X_SpoofCallerID checked will also pass CNAM.

danlewis

Ah, simplicity...that worked.  I had tried this earlier, but not before I removed the sip account callerid definition on asterisk.  My asterisk sip definition for the obi box is now:

[obi100]
defaultuser=obi100
type=friend
host=dynamic
secret=somesecret
context=somecontext
;callerid=999 <Some CNAM>
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
mailbox=1234@default

As you see, I formerly had a callerid definition, which is now commented out.

Thanks for chiming in again!

azrobert wrote:

Try this:
SP2 voice settings, X_InboundCallRoute: ph,sp1(someext)
ITSP SIP A (not B) X_SpoofCallerID: Checked