News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Fastvoip on SP2

Started by kartoffel, July 10, 2011, 07:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartoffel

Hi there,

I have an OBi100 and is working great with google voice on SP!.
However, I have some trouble configuring my fastvoip (fv) account on the second profile.

Following the topic http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=858.0 , I setup my fv account using expert configuration with ProxyServer : sip.fastvoip.com

But I still keep getting "Register Failed: 500 Internal server error (server=77.72.174.128:5060; retrying)"  :( .

Of-course, I have SIP ALG enabled on my 2wire modem (I have used fv successfully before using my netbook softphone through the 2wire wifi)

I wonder if I have missed something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RonR

Quote from: kartoffel on July 10, 2011, 07:57:37 AM
Following the topic http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=858.0 , I setup my fv account using expert configuration with ProxyServer : sip.fastvoip.com

But I still keep getting "Register Failed: 500 Internal server error (server=77.72.174.128:5060; retrying)"  :( .

77.72.174.128 is the IP address for sip.actionvoip.com.  The IP address for sip.fastvoip is 193.67.21.165.

Log into your OBi locally at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 and verify:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip.fastvoip.com

Quote from: kartoffel on July 10, 2011, 07:57:37 AM
Of-course, I have SIP ALG enabled on my 2wire modem (I have used fv successfully before using my netbook softphone through the 2wire wifi)

I would disable SIP ALG until you get everything working properly.  Then you can try turning it on and see if it causes any problems.  SIP ALG doesn't appear to get along well with OBi's.

kartoffel

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I had copied actionvoip instead of fastvoip.
Quote from: RonR on July 10, 2011, 09:41:49 AM
77.72.174.128 is the IP address for sip.actionvoip.com.  The IP address for sip.fastvoip is 193.67.21.165.
After entering  sip.actionvoip.com too, the error still remains
"Register Failed: 500 Internal Server Error (server=193.67.21.165:5060; retrying)"

Quote from: RonR on July 10, 2011, 09:41:49 AM
I would disable SIP ALG until you get everything working properly.  Then you can try turning it on and see if it causes any problems.  SIP ALG doesn't appear to get along well with OBi's.
Disabling it didn't help either. Could it be the service provider that is blocking?

RonR

It appears you're reaching sip.actionvoip.com as it's returning "500 Internal Server Error".

You may need to contact fastvoip and have them take a look from their end to see why their server is unhappy with your registration request.

kartoffel

Quote from: RonR on July 10, 2011, 11:06:49 AM
You may need to contact fastvoip and have them take a look from their end to see why their server is unhappy with your registration request.

I wouldn't expect any response from Betamax voip services. But thanks anyways, I'll keep trying, will post here if something works out.

RonR

I didn't realize Fastvoip was one of many Betamax 'services'.  My condolences to you.   :(

I tried them for a very brief period when they first sprung up and would never deal with them again.

kartoffel

I wonder if fastvoip demands some specific settings to be changed. They do have a "Call Without Registration" option using Linksys-PAP2.
http://www.fastvoip.com/en/help/configure-linksys-pap2/

RonR

You could try not registering:

Voice Services -> SP2 -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)

and see if you can make outgoing calls.

kartoffel

Quote from: RonR on July 10, 2011, 12:27:03 PM
Voice Services -> SP2 -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)

That didn't work either, now SP2 status says: "Registration Not Required".
However, dialing a number (**2-country code-7 digit number) fails.
On dialing, Obitalk says the number was rejected by the service provider with reason 500.

RonR

If your ITSPB DigitMap is:

(<00>1xxxxxxxxxx|<001>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<001aaa>xxxxxxx|<011:00>xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

For an international call, you would dial:

**2 + 011 + countrycode + number

which would go out SP2 as:

00 + countrycode + number

For a 7-, 10-, or 11-digit US/Canada call, you would dial:

**2 + 7/10/11 digits

which would go out SP2 as

00 + 1 + 10-digits (your local area code added to 7-digit numbers)

RonR

Does FastVoip want calls dialed as:

as Actionvoip (the configuration your copied) does?

kartoffel

Quote from: RonR on July 10, 2011, 12:49:55 PM
Does FastVoip want calls dialed as:

as Actionvoip (the configuration your copied) does?

Yes, it is dialed as in actionvoip. But now I see that my account with betamax is inactive (softphone from PC doesent work either). Let me fix that first.

kartoffel

Fixed it, the problem was from fastvoip side. Thank you RonR for all the help!

As soon as I could make calls from my PC using a softphone using fv credentials, I could also dial the numbers successfully from my handset (**2 001 10_digit_USA_number).

Also, in the fv username I just had to provide 'username' and not 'username@fastvoip.com' (a mistake I did earlier). And it works with registration on [Voice Services -> SP2 -> X_RegisterEnable : (checked)]

So the final configuration is

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip.fastvoip.com

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (Username)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (Password)

OBiTALK SP2 status says "Registered (server=193.67.131.157:5060; expire in 29s)"

kartoffel

Btw I have SIP ALG enabled too on my DSL modem without any problems.