News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 rings but Voip phone no longer does - SOLVED

Started by Agent88, August 05, 2016, 04:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent88

I recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10, also switching ISP from ATT to Google Fiber.  Made some configuration changes due to new IP addresses and now my Voip phone doesn't ring.  Obi202 connected analog phone does.  Can't figure out what I did to screw this up because everything has worked fine for several years.  Voip phone will call out but Obi intercepts incoming calls.  Any suggestions?

LTN1

The problem most likely lies with a network configuration (the Win7 to 10 upgrade is unlikely connected). What do you mean when you say "Voip phone doesn't ring" then you say, "Obi202 connected analog phone does."?

Correct me but I'm reading the analog phones connected to the OBi202 is working normally. What then is the VoIP phone that doesn't ring?

Agent88

My main phone is a Cisco SPA303 that I have configured to connect to my Anveo VoIP accounts.  In order to use my fax machines, I set up an OBi202 to convert one of the Anveo lines to analog (fax machine).  The Cisco phone is on a different LAN IP (obviously) from the OBi202.  The OBi202 is configured for Line 1 out to an analog desk phone and Line 2 to my fax machine.  All has been working fine until recently.  I don't know why the Cisco phone will not receive inbound calls.  All calls inbound ring the analog devices as if the digital phone doesn't exist.  The Cisco phone will call out OK, just not receiving.  I have checked and double checked the configuration pages for both devices including ensuring the passwords are correct.  My Google fiber network map shows both devices and no issues.  All that has changed recently is the LAN IPs and the PC operating system.  Now that I have run into this trouble, I have fiddled around with the OBi202 configuration, but nothing I do changes the outcome.

Agent88

Recycled the cable from the OBi202 to my TP-Link switch and VOILA! my Cisco phone now works.  These black boxes, I am convinced, work on smoke and mirrors.

LTN1

Sometimes you just need to talk through your own solution. Glad that it is working now.