News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi200 in constant recovery mode, even after firmware update

Started by wordsandwich, August 10, 2016, 08:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wordsandwich

Hi,

My obi200 keeps going into recovery mode (alternating red/green) and I have done a few firmware updates via downloading latest firmware and doing a direct IP update. Anyone else having this issue and have a possible workaround? I bought the 200 a few years ago but just recently started using it again, and it was working for a few months before this happened. Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

SteveInWA

If you have, in fact, followed the troubleshooting steps that included the direct firmware upload procedure, and it is still flashing, then your unit is now dead (bad flash memory, likely).  Time to buy a new one.

rectifier

I find that hard to believe.  My 110 is doing the same thing.  It just so happened at the same time everybody else's quit working back in June.  That is just too coincidental.

SteveInWA

Quote from: rectifier on August 30, 2016, 12:10:07 PM
I find that hard to believe.  My 110 is doing the same thing.  It just so happened at the same time everybody else's quit working back in June.  That is just too coincidental.

Did you attempt to follow the instructions to upgrade the firmware on your device at that time?

See:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11384.0

The only coincidence would be that the flash memory module failed during a write, which is uncommon, but possible, regardless of the hardware product being updated.

rectifier

Well. . . I unplugged it for about a week.  When I plugged it back in, it booted up.  After about an hour, it went back to flashing red and green.  I re-flashed the firmware.  It seems to be working for now.