News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV subscriber not available - SOLVED

Started by Dr_FSMO, August 12, 2016, 08:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr_FSMO

OK, been working on this for a while.  MY GV number forwards to my cell and home phone.  When I set it up on my Obihai 202 with my GV number, I get the response that the GV subscriber is not available and no devices ring. Also, at this time I can make calls from the Obihai and it will  show the calls coming from my GV number. If I remove the GV account from my boihai device, the calls when go through on my landline and cell.  Help please or the obihai will have to go back to Amazon, which is not what I want to do.

SteveInWA

Log into your Google Voice account from a laptop or desktop computer, not from a mobile device, and go here:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Make sure that you have a check mark to the left of Google Chat.  OBi devices act as Chat clients, and so you need to forward inbound calls to Chat, in addition to whatever other forwarding destinations (mobile or land line numbers) you want to use.

If that wasn't the issue, then read and follow my instructions, here, to start over and configure your device:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Dr_FSMO

Quote from: SteveInWA on August 12, 2016, 03:25:49 PM
Log into your Google Voice account from a laptop or desktop computer, not from a mobile device, and go here:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Make sure that you have a check mark to the left of Google Chat.  OBi devices act as Chat clients, and so you need to forward inbound calls to Chat, in addition to whatever other forwarding destinations (mobile or land line numbers) you want to use.

If that wasn't the issue, then read and follow my instructions, here, to start over and configure your device:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

I did set it up from and restarted the whole process twice.

SteveInWA

I can't make much sense out of the wording of your first post.

Google Voice is an inbound call forwarding system.  If you have an inbound Google Voice number, and someone calls that number, then it will ring all the forwarding destinations you have added and enabled (check-marked) on the Phones tab of Google Voice Settings (linked above).

GV will simultaneously ring all forwarding destinations.  Whichever one answers the call first (answered either by you, a human, or by that number's answering machine/voicemail), during the ~25 second ring period wins the race and gets the call. 

The "Google subscriber is not available" message is simply the default Google Voice voicemail greeting.  That's normal, until you record your own greeting.

Dr_FSMO

Quote from: SteveInWA on August 12, 2016, 03:53:05 PM
I can't make much sense out of the wording of your first post.

Google Voice is an inbound call forwarding system.  If you have an inbound Google Voice number, and someone calls that number, then it will ring all the forwarding destinations you have added and enabled (check-marked) on the Phones tab of Google Voice Settings (linked above).

GV will simultaneously ring all forwarding destinations.  Whichever one answers the call first (answered either by you, a human, or by that number's answering machine/voicemail), during the ~25 second ring period wins the race and gets the call. 

The "Google subscriber is not available" message is simply the default Google Voice voicemail greeting.  That's normal, until you record your own greeting.

Yes, you are correct.  If i remove the GV number from the OBIHai 202 setup, all works again and the "Google subscriber is not available" message goes away.  That is what has me puzzled.

SteveInWA

I still don't understand your issue.  If someone calls your Google Voice number, and you don't answer one of the forwarding destinations (Chat/OBi, or an actual 10-digit telephone number), then the call will go to your Google Voice greeting.  That is working as designed.

Dr_FSMO

It is not ringing the forwarding destinations. It is going directly to the "subscriber is not available"

Dr_FSMO

It had to do with a SPAM Filter.  Thanks for any input.

davidperez

there is a very high possibility that could happen. That is your phone number that has been blacklisted by Google. This rarely happens, however, if it happens to you. So I'm really excited to continue