News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Circlenet; It has become a HUGE disappointment.

Started by vtsnaab, August 13, 2016, 09:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtsnaab

I am totally reversing my position regarding Circlenet.
They have gone from being an amazingly honest & affordable ITSP to being totally unsupported & unattended.

Emails & support tickets are being ignored, promised help is not being carried out - and it is anyone's guess at this point if it will even stick around until the posted shutdown date for retail users.

We paid for services there and even though it was a very reasonable price for what we got, unless they step up and start behaving responsibly we stand to lose whatever remains as well as the DID we have from there.

Since the closure announcement I have seen only one other ITSP making any offer that approaches what Circlenet used to offer.
We do need another DID separated from GV, which is why we used them.

Query:
Has anyone found any really affordable/reliable ITSP that they would recommend ??

Thanks.

Originally posted:
One of the ITSPs I use is Circlenet.
The owner (Sam) has always been great about responding in the past.

Lately that ITSP has been working on something new and Sam's wife had some medical issues, and:
He has not replied to either email or support tickets for over 2 weeks already.
According to his info here, he has not been active since sometime in late May here either.

Has anyone here successfully made contact with Circlenet lately ??

Thanks.

vtsnaab

Small update=>
Circlenet billing site & services remain working fine, but their main web site only displays a database error.

Hopefully Sam will reappear soon & set things right ?!?

Taoman

Quote from: vtsnaab on August 16, 2016, 03:33:52 PM
Small update=>
Circlenet billing site & services remain working fine, but their main web site only displays a database error.

Hopefully Sam will reappear soon & set things right ?!?

I assume you saw this? Last communication from Sam I'm aware of.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30925590-

vtsnaab

BooHoo - All I got on my 1st try to see that was...
"No permission for this forum"

But the 2nd try worked, oddly, and it says:
QuoteCirclenet inbound calling is down
Yep it was on our side 100%, we put in some new code at 4am this morning that went kind of crazy. And at the same time we had a vendor issue (Again probably our fault there.) You should be good now.
Sam
One other note to all members here. Over the last few weeks we've been dealing with some family medical issues here that are affecting 2/3rds of the company and the remaining 1/3rd has been caring for the sick 2/3rds .

As a result we've been providing sub par service. I understand this and am working to correct it as soon as possible.

Sam

Thanks Very Much for that pointer Taoman !!

vtsnaab

So now it is a little over a month since this I posted the OP, and that makes it around 6 weeks of mostly silence from Sam at Circlenet...
I had raised support tickets sometime back and got a quick reply saying he'd get back to me via email soon.
I've tried every method I know to contact him, wanting to get my accounts there in order before he cuts off the service for good, and...and...
Nothing.

Has anyone been able to make contact with Sam since he posted about stopping retail services ??

Thanks.

vtsnaab

Taoman

I assume you saw this post by Sam from yesterday on DSLR?

Quote from: Sam MoatsWere down to about 150 live customers and trying to work through port outs/refunds.

I've got a little over $3 in credit I'm trying to work through before service shuts down completely.

vtsnaab

Thanks Taoman - you are always so incredibly helpful !!

I was checking there periodically until it cooled off a bit here - enough so that I could start catching up on things I've had waiting for my attentions all this past overheated summer - and so I haven't looked there lately.

Sam had emailed me to say he'd make the adjustments I asked for weeks ago - supposedly the next day - and he never did - and never replied again either - so I'd sort of figured that by now all things Circlenet had already become a lost cause.

I had hoped to use what I have left there before it ends & then port that DID out to another cheap ITSP...now I don't know how things will go there...?!