News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi Portal now looks like a MESS... Users need to complain to OBI *Fixed by Obi*

Started by transam98, August 12, 2016, 09:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

transam98

So I logged into my obi portal (pic attached) now Obi has all kinds of other crap on there making it look like a big mess (registration,Ip, time to refresh etc..)

I hardly think its my side... it used to just say REGISTERED now it has the registration IP, and the next refresh date time etc..Resizing screen size doesnt make a difference.
I emailed obi myself they said "dont worry that is useful info"...
the registration server IP address has alway been in other places, now they have made a nasty mess of my QUICK GLance :(

Everyone should email support@obihai.com

transam98

yea looks like Obi has took it upon themselves to make a MESS of the portal ;(

If it says "Registered/Connected"
IDC what the IP or time to live is (that can be found elsewhere)...

Nice mess Obihai ! ;( ;(

Lavarock7

My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

transam98

where do you think the problem is ? my chrome hasnt recently updated.... ;(

It didnt show up this way the other day..

SteveInWA

It IS useful information.  Find something more important to start a lobbying campaign.  It's simply the connection details from the expert mode status page.

transam98

""Find something more important to start a lobbying campaign.""
^^ Hater.....

its info we already HAD called redundancy...

Anyways I got a email from tech support...
Obihai Support
2:58 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
We have asked our developers to not show such messages again.

Taoman

Quote from: transam98 on August 12, 2016, 04:03:38 PM

Anyways I got a email from tech support...
Obihai Support
2:58 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
We have asked our developers to not show such messages again.

Wow. Good work. I'm amazed Obihai was so responsive. It definitely was redundant information.

transam98

Thanks for Agreeing Taoman ! :) And I just logged into my dashboard and... guess what.... FIXED :)
:o  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Taoman

hapollo

Redundant info is not useful info. Glad I never migrated to the portal and my FreePBX/Asterisk is running smoothly.

Mango

It's sure a good thing that all you guys are discouraging the company from letting their developers be innovative.  Who wants that, right?

transam98

It wasnt a innovation (something new) we already had that info elsewhere. It made a mess of the dashboard.
It was redundant info

Taoman

Quote from: Mango on August 15, 2016, 06:34:11 AM
It's sure a good thing that all you guys are discouraging the company from letting their developers be innovative.  Who wants that, right?

Please explain in what way the developers were being "innovative?" That same information was easily available in two different locations already. If it was so "innovative" why would Obihai have them switch it back to the way it was previously?

For people with multiple OBi devices it made the dashboard an absolute mess to look at and quickly see if all their trunks were either registered or connected.

transam98

.." For people with multiple OBi devices it made the dashboard an absolute mess to look at."

Your not kidding TAO haha

I have 2 Obi508's (so it shows 18 SP's) and when you have a LOT of info on each line like provider name and the #... when you added the timeout and server ip, it actually went into 3 LINES of DATA for some SP's ;( rather than a QUICK glance it turned into a mindf*ck ;(