News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 Went Dead. No auto message when adding device, no echo

Started by rich8703, August 16, 2016, 09:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich8703

hello,
my perfectly configured OBI100 with voip.ms as SP1 was working great. Then out of the blue it died. can not place outgoing calls and incoming calls go directly to voicemail....
I deleted my OBI100 from my dashboard, successfully reset it multiple times and tried to add it back to the dashboard but it always fails.
the power light is solid green, the internet light randomly flashes and nothing on the telephone light (to be expected)
every time I try to add it to the dashboard and dial the **5 XXXX number to reach the automated message I get nothing. I tried to dial the echo test and again receive nothing.
I reset my modem, router and changed all physical cables. disabled firewall setting and DMZ settings as mentioned in some forums and still no echo or automated message when trying to activate. plugged it directly into the modem and still no echo test. I'm assuming the OBI100 is not connecting to the internet and therefore not configurable. How do you force connect it

It was not this difficult setting this device up when I first got it and therefore I'm scratching my head. Is my OBI100 garage/fried?

SteveInWA

It sounds like the device isn't getting an IP address from your router.  Does it have a dial tone when you pick up the handset?  If so, key in ***8 then 1 to confirm restoring factory defaults.  Let it churn and blink until it settles down, for at least a few minutes.  Pick up the handset again and key in ***1.  Does it speak a valid IP address (starting with 192. or 10. )?