News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Why 4 PINs in AA if all allow to do the same thing?

Started by jcgalvezv, July 11, 2011, 01:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcgalvezv

In Sipura 3000 and Linksys 3102 devices, in PSTN-to_VoIP gateway, I can configure up to 8 pins. What I really like about it is the fact that every pin can have a different dial plan (similar to DigitMap in Obi devices).

My question is: Could I do the same in OBI devices? If I understand  the latest manual correctly I cannot. My second question arises: Why 4 pins in Auto Attendant if all allow the caller do the same thing? I mean, no matter what pin I enter the OBI device will allow me to do the same thing.

Would be very useful if one could specify a digitmap for every different pin. Something like:

PIN1 :  pin(DigitMap)
PIN3 :  pin(DigitMap)
PIN4 :  pin(DigitMap)
PIN5 :  pin(DigitMap)

EDITED: Changed title to make it clear

jcgalvezv

I am just curious if OBIHAI people read this forum. Three days and no reply.

Any ways, I like my two OBI110. I just wanted more responsiveness from provider forum.

jimates

To answer your first question. There are 4 different pin options so that you don't have to give everyone the same pin. If you give someone a pin and later decide to not let them have access you just delete that pin, without interrupting other users of the AA with a different pin.

Question 2.
We would love to see this option also, perhaps in the future. Remember the Obi is only 10 months along and google voice has only been available on the Obi for 6 months.

jcgalvezv

Thank you jimates for your reply.

Yes, would be good to see DigitMap at PIN level.