News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Webpage Admin Password: Cannot log in after changing

Started by JeremyH, August 18, 2016, 07:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeremyH

I just installed an OBi200 today. I saw there was a default password for the device webpage and I verified I could log in using it. I used the OBi Dashboard to change it and then I was unable to login with the new or the old password. I changed it back to the default and still could not log in. I tried power cycling the device and I still cannot log in. Any idea how to resolve this?

SteveInWA

There are two different user interfaces for OBi devices.  Your post is a bit unclear as to which interface you are using, and where you changed the password.

OBi devices have a built-in web server, which renders web pages of configuration settings.  You get to that page by entering the IP address of your OBi device into your web browser.  To find the IP address, pick up the phone attached to your OBi and key in ***1.  The default user name and password are both "admin".

OBi devices' configuration can also be viewed from your OBiTALK dashboard, at this address:

https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev

If you can see your OBi device on that dashboard, you can click on the device's name to see the "Webpage admin password", and then, if you wish, change the password from there.

JeremyH

To clarify, to me the OBi Dashboard is the one that I get to via obitalk.com when I click on "My Dashboard" and I have trouble logging into the device webpage which I get to using the device's IP address on my LAN.

When I tried again today, the default password was working again on the device webpage. Because I don't want an easily guessable password on a device on my LAN, I tried again to change it using the OBi Dashboard. I changed it by going to the dashboard, clicking the device, entering a new password in the field "Webpage Admin Password", and clicking "save". The device webpage appeared to not respond at all briefly, then attempts to use the new password failed and also the old password failed. Since the old password no longer works, I assume it has changed, but perhaps it is in some long transition state? The password I tried is only 8 characters alphanumeric, so I don't think there's any issue with it being long or having unexpected characters.

JeremyH

It seems to be working with the new password now. It is odd that neither password works for an extended period, but oh well.