News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Use LOCAL IP address to manage OBI100 instead of OBITALK

Started by vskatusa, August 19, 2016, 12:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vskatusa

Hi, I want my local IP address to be the DEFAULT to change any settings in my OBI100. How to make local IP address as default? When I set my speed dial using OBITALK it works but when I set the speed dial using my LOCAL IP address and boot it does not work.

drgeoff

Disable Obitalk provisioning.

Log in to the local interface, click on System Management, click on Auto Provisioning, under Obitalk Provisioning select Disabled.

Note that you cannot 'mix and match' some settings locally and some on the Dashboard.  Use one method only.

vskatusa

When you say "local interface" are you referring to obitalk.com --> system management -> auto provisioning select method = Disabled and check the radio button under "obitalk settings"?

Taoman

Quote from: vskatusa on August 19, 2016, 12:21:40 PM
but when I set the speed dial using my LOCAL IP address and boot it does not work.

You are using the "local interface" to set the speed dial via a local ip address.

drgeoff

Quote from: vskatusa on August 20, 2016, 05:28:19 AM
When you say "local interface" are you referring to obitalk.com --> system management -> auto provisioning select method = Disabled and check the radio button under "obitalk settings"?
No.

I am referring to pointing your browser to the IP address that the OBi has on your LAN. Typically starting with 192.168.0. or 192.168.1. or 10.0.

videobruce

I'm trying to do the same. My router reports 192.168.1.50 to be the address of my 202, but all I get is a '404 not found' message when I try to access it. Their web portal shows it 'off line'.

I just added the device to my account, I didn't do any configuring from their web site purposely. I want to only access it locally (the way it should be). I have no idea what the firmware version. (The date stamped on the board is 2016 (April 2016). Board version is v2.1.5)
I'll take VoIP any day over cell phones !

drgeoff

Quote from: videobruce on August 31, 2016, 10:37:13 AM
I'm trying to do the same. My router reports 192.168.1.50 to be the address of my 202, but all I get is a '404 not found' message when I try to access it. Their web portal shows it 'off line'.

I just added the device to my account, I didn't do any configuring from their web site purposely. I want to only access it locally (the way it should be). I have no idea what the firmware version. (The date stamped on the board is 2016 (April 2016). Board version is v2.1.5)
Unlike all other OBis, the 202 contains a router.  The 192.168.1.50 address reported by your router is that of the WAN port.  By default access from the WAN port to the onboard GUI is disabled.

The easiest way to enable access is to dial ***0 then 30#.  Listen and follow the prompts.  0 disables, 1 enables.

videobruce

I'll take VoIP any day over cell phones !