News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Intercom to another extension

Started by Aaronp, August 21, 2016, 02:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaronp

I'm not sure if this is the feature is called intercom but I am wondering if it is supported. I would like to dial an extension for example 103.  When 103 is dialed by a local user, the phone (103) would go off-hook, and you could speak to that extension and they can speak back. Please advise if this is something that is supported. THANK YOU!

drgeoff

Your requirement is unclear.

The Obi202 can have two analogue phones plugged in to it and it is possible for it to recognise any specific dialled number and ring the other phone. However no OBi (or any other device) can make an ordinary phone go off hook.  That is purely a feature of the phone itself.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Aaronp on August 21, 2016, 02:15:47 PM
I'm not sure if this is the feature is called intercom but I am wondering if it is supported. I would like to dial an extension for example 103.  When 103 is dialed by a local user, the phone (103) would go off-hook, and you could speak to that extension and they can speak back. Please advise if this is something that is supported. THANK YOU!

Yes, you can do that, if you use OBi 10x2 IP phones.  Search on "intercom" to read about it, here:

http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi1000AdminGuide.pdf

zipp

i am trying to setup 1062 voip phones i have 3 of them and setup with a voip service I am trying to set up separate intercom for each extension i tried *98 but not working I tried busy light key but it only rings not auto answering any help?

drgeoff

Quote from: zipp on March 25, 2018, 04:45:29 PM
i am trying to setup 1062 voip phones i have 3 of them and setup with a voip service I am trying to set up separate intercom for each extension i tried *98 but not working I tried busy light key but it only rings not auto answering any help?
What do you mean by "not working".

The admin guide (linked above) contains the following (with my emphasis):

" The calling phone will request to barge-in when the user dials a star code to enable the star code variable $barge-in1 before dialing the target OBi number. The following star code setup example uses *98 for this purpose:
*98, Barge In, set($barge-in1,1)

The called phone will automatically answer and conference in the calling phone, subjecting to resources available at
that moment. Note that the barge-in operation is only applicable if there is at least one active call on the called phone; otherwise the incoming call to barge-in will be rejected. "

Auto answer to incoming calls is described on page 77.

zipp

Thanks for fast response
1) I am not sure were this code goes "code setup example uses *98 for this purpose:
*98, Barge In, set($barge-in1,1) "
2)when i manually dial *98 give me call failed:invalid number error
3)am i suppose to use extension no per obitalk or use 9 number obitalk number ?
4)how can i use this programmed on my programmable keys.
5) I am trying to use Nextiva service they told me this phone is not compatible with intercom ? or they don't have setup instruction how to do this with their voip service
6) i tried putting this code in 1062 voip phone using web setup in line key chose Obitalk as service and use code in number field? section but unable to get it to work.

drgeoff

I haven't a clue what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to use an "intercom" facility that Nextiva provides or are you trying to do it using only Obihai features?

Maybe you want to look at OBiLINK. https://www.obitalk.com/ozone/link-devices

Why do you keep asking about the *98 code when I've already told you it is not an intercom?  it is for barge-in to an existing call.

An alternative to OBiLINK, you can call another OBIPhone by its 9 digit number.  You can assign a speed dial to that number.  And/or you can assign a programmable key on the phone to a number.

If you want auto-answer read the manual and realise that it applies to all calls to the phone - external on any service provider and internal.

And last but not least, do you understand http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109 ?

zipp

Thanks again 

i have tried to use speed dial assigned to key.   even after,  i did auto answer it keeps ringing on other extension it is not getting auto answer.

you asked if " Are you trying to use an "intercom" facility that Nextiva provides or are you trying to do it using only Obihai features?"

Nextiva service support told me this phone is not compatible with intercom ? is that true or you need to tell them how to setup with there service .  they don't have setup instruction how to do this with their voip service

I am not sure were this code goes "code setup example uses *98 for this purpose:
*98, Barge In, set($barge-in1,1) "  i still want to know this feature and how to implement it  so i can talk to extension while they are on phone  because *98 give me call failed:invalid number error still want to know why  or what am i missing something?

i am using local admin login via LAN ip address like 10.10.10.30 or 31 or 32 to setup  ip phones using local address not using Obitalk 

drgeoff

1. You have to configure that

*98, Barge In, set($barge-in1,1)

as a Star Code as it is not one in the default list. Note that by default *98 is set to be the DirectedCallPickup Feature code and should be disabled before trying to use as a Star Code.

However the default list of Star Codes does include:

*96, Barge In, set($Bar1,1)

Have you tried dialling that?

2.  You have not indicated that you understood that if configuring the phone using the local onboard web server UI, you need to disable Obitalk provisioning.  Otherwise any changes you try to make are immediately replaced by the settings on the Obitalk portal.

3.  You did not answer my question "Are you trying to use an "intercom" facility that Nextiva provides ..."  Are you trying to do https://www.nextiva.com/support/articles/how-to-setup-push-to-talk-as-an-admin.html ?

zipp

Quote from: drgeoff on March 27, 2018, 06:32:02 AM
1 i have tried using auto answer (enabled) but still extension when called only rings and i have to pickup to answer

2.  You have not indicated that you understood that if configuring the phone using the local onboard web server UI, you need to disable Obitalk provisioning.   yes i have it disabled

3.  You did not answer my question "Are you trying to use an "intercom" facility that Nextiva provides ..."  Are you trying to do https://www.nextiva.com/support/articles/how-to-setup-push-to-talk-as-an-admin.html ?

sorry yes i tried this already with nextiva support guy who worked with me but after setting up this way i tried to call *50 i get invalid number error call failed !!!!

azrobert

If you want to send *50 to Nextiva, the digit map needs to be modified.
Assuming Nextiva is defined on SP1 and SP1 is the Primary Line do the following:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap
Insert *50| after the beginning parenthesis

Edit:
The above is to dial *50 from the keypad.

Define a Programmable Key like this:
Function: Speed Dial
Service: SP1
Number: *50

zipp

Thanks it worked

I am able to have 3 phones all 1062 with nextiva.  Now i need to use 3 more location in building where i need ( 3 more phones)  is there any way for me to use 3 with nextiva service and other 3 with obihi service ( without nextiva because the will charge me for each new extension upto 20 dollar per months plus taxes )  for mainly only basic extensions service or transfer call or intercom

azrobert

Define a Programmable Key like this:
Function: Speed Dial
Service: OBiTalk Service
Number: 610123456

Replace 610123456 with the target 1062's OBi number.
I only have 1 1032, so I never tried barge in.

drgeoff

Quote from: zipp on April 01, 2018, 10:06:03 AM
Thanks it worked

I am able to have 3 phones all 1062 with nextiva.  Now i need to use 3 more location in building where i need ( 3 more phones)  is there any way for me to use 3 with nextiva service and other 3 with obihi service ( without nextiva because the will charge me for each new extension upto 20 dollar per months plus taxes )  for mainly only basic extensions service or transfer call or intercom
Did you look at OBiLINK?

zipp

yes  calling from one to other i get error "no You have dialed is not in service "  I liked all in Obitalk  used ext 20 30 40 also tried 20   21   22  only worked from one phone to other on 20# only but when tried same 20# from second phone did not work same error message

Also by using this way any way to transfer real call for nextiva to any of this phones ? without nextiva on it

zipp

Quote from: zipp on April 01, 2018, 03:36:02 PM
yes  calling from one to other i get error "no You have dialed is not in service "  I liked all in Obitalk  used ext 20 30 40 also tried 20   21   22  only worked from one phone to other on 20# only but when tried same 20# from second phone did not work same error message

Also by using this way any way to transfer real call for nextiva to any of this phones ? without nextiva on it