News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using the Obi 110 as an FXO and FXS Port for FreePBX

Started by Ad_Hominem, July 11, 2011, 05:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ad_Hominem

You're very welcome!

Please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

David_s5

Is there anyway you use OBiTALK Service or add what would be SP3 to facilitate google voice on the same device supporting a FXS and FXO? I read one there on the web, but it has an "out of band" way of fetching the the caller ID and routing.

Do you know if a feature request to do such a thing has been discussed?

Ad_Hominem

There definitely is a way to use the Obi to facilitate Google Voice, and there was a posting by Michigan Telephone Blog several years ago about a way to facilitate it while getting all the other benefits of FXO and FXS.  It, like Google Voice, was kludgy and had some issues.

However, Michigan took his blog down a few years ago because he was frustrated with how people on the internet were treating him..

I strongly recommend that you NOT use Google Voice.  There are lots of providers out there that have very reliable service for almost zero cost, including Callcentric, Flowroute, Vitelity, and voip.ms...

psyafter

Thank you for manual.
I connected obi pstn line to asterisk so I can dial and get calls on my ip phone.

There is a way to transfer current call from ip phone back to "phone" jack on obi110?
I have attached wireless phone to obi so sometimes I need transfer call to analog phone and continue talk on it.

I already use both SP services so can't add phone as extension.

MrMoxy

Quote from: greenhornet on March 19, 2013, 02:18:10 PM
No one has any caller ID suggestions?  OBI support referred me to the forums on this problem.  Their words, "Please post your question in our forum.  Other members who has done this can help you in there."

GreenHornet, did you ever get this to work? I've spent about 12 hours trying different settings on the OBi110 and I cannot get it to pass the caller ID. It rewrites caller ID as trunk name.

I am using OBi110 as FXO port only to get my Comcast PSTN line into PIAF. I am not using it as an extension. [I tried doing so but after 6 hours wrestling with the star code interference with PIAF I gave up.] My connection is on SP2. OBi is registering with PIAF. I can dial out from PIAF using the Comcast line, and incoming calls are passed to PIAF. However, OBi is not changing the caller ID to "OBiTrunk1" (the name of the trunk in PIAF and the username in my OBi Expert settings).

In OBi Expert config, my inbound call route is SP2(1303NxxXxxx) (my Comcast number).
Changing InboundCallRoute to SP2(1303NxxXxxx;ui=$1) or to SP2(1303NxxXxxx>$1) breaks the connection. Changing to SP2(1303NxxXxxx)>$1 or SP2(1303NxxXxxx)>$2 does not do anything.

In SP2 Service X_InboundCallRoute is LI. Changing X_InboundCallRoute from LI to LI;ui=$1 does not do anything.

In SP2 Service CallerIDName is default (OBiTalk settings). Changing to "Device default" does not do anything. Changing it to $1 passes "$1" (literally) as the caller ID.

Ring delay is 2000 ms. Increasing to 3000 causes PIAF to pick up slower. No caller ID. Increasing it above 3000 causes PIAF not to pick up and does not solve the problem. CallerIDDetectMethod is FSK(Bell 202). X_SpoofCallerID is unchecked, but checking it did not change anything.  Changing ring profile from A to B and back to A does not do anything.

ProxyServer is my PIAF IP address. ProxyServerPort is 5060 (UDP). OutboundProxy is my PIAF IP address.

zapattack

Interesting thing: if you check your call log you will see that
ui=$1 is shown as ui=xxxxxxxxxx (actual tel number)!
But that is as far as it goes?
Analog phone on phone port of course shows everything properly.

drgeoff

@MrMoxy
I followed what is in sections 3 and 4 of the first post in this thread http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1157.msg7261#msg7261.  OBi110 (2886 firmware), FreePBX. CallerID works for me with unmodified sp2(my_number) as LINE Port InboundCallRoute.

zapattack

Unfortunately, trying to send it from the 110 to a 200
seems to loose some of the CID info.
Phone on 200 shows all calls as Private.

CALYTA

Quote from: ws2000 on November 12, 2011, 10:12:31 PM
Hello

I followed this proces jiofi.local.html tplinklogin is it down s and had very good success with it.  Big THANKS!  My question is about voice mail notifications.  I have my PBX using Google Voice Mail to answer my missed calls.  I got tired of fighting it and decided to use it since it jumped in from time to time when I didn't want it.  What is the best way to get missed call voice mail notification with POTS phones?  I can not get the message light or the double dial tone ring to work on my Panasonic DECT 6.0 phones.  I would love to hear what others are doing.  
Note that I've made a lot of changes to these instructions since I wrote them a few years ago, and so if you set-up your Obi 110 based upon these instructions before the date listed above,

Albert12

I''m new to asterisk so it may be a setting that I have screwed up but I thought I'd throw this into the mix in case anyone else runs into this problem.

And thanks to Ad_Hominem and MichiganTelephone for doing the heavy lifting on this. When it does finally register it works perfectly.

Black1Star

One thing that I've run into with this setup is it takes forever like 20 or 30 min. before the obi will successfully register with freepbx. This was driving me crazy. it took me a while to just be patient and let it work for a while.

I''m new to asterisk so it may be a setting that I have screwed up but I thought I'd throw this into the mix in case anyone else runs into this problem.

And thanks to Ad_Hominem and MichiganTelephone for doing the heavy lifting on this. When it does finally register it works perfectly.

Derek