News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Provisioning GV thru ObiTalk's site or manually thru the ATA's interface?

Started by videobruce, September 01, 2016, 04:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

videobruce

With the glitches yesterday with Obi's site having probelms, I only got as far as adding the device.

I'm confused about the provisioning. I understand you should either change settings using the webpage or access the ATA's menu directly thru the device. If so, where are the details for manually entering the data for provisioning GV? Or, it doesn't matter at this stage?
I'll take VoIP any day over cell phones !

drgeoff

You MUST use the portal to configure GV.  It cannot be done through the ATA's onboard interface.

videobruce

I kinda figured that, but all these warnings I have read about NOT configuring the ATA using both the portal & directly thru the ATA's interface. Only use one or the other.

azrobert

You can switch to configuring using the local interface after defining GV on the portal. You must disable OBiTalk Auto Provisioning via the local interface before making any other configuration changes, otherwise OBiTalk will overlay your modifications.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled

After using the local interface, it's a little more complicated to switch back to the portal. You need to import your local configuration into OBiTalk before turning on Auto Provisioning.
See: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8685.0

videobruce