News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Service not configured after two tries

Started by videobruce, September 03, 2016, 05:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

videobruce

After finally getting into Google Voice thru OBi's web setup after whatever problem OBi's site had was fixed, I'm getting a 'service not configured'. I deleted the entry and re-did the steps with the same result.

It's a OBi202 with no provider setup yet. The echo test is good, no error light on the ATA. I'm logged into GV w/ my number showing. I'm using SP2 & Line 2, saving SP1 & Line 1 for PhonePower which I already signed up, but I haven't received the 2nd e-mail yet to activate.

I'm watching the ATA, but no othrer lights blink other than the activity light. I assume it's not able to be accessed thou it shows the correct info about the ATA in the dashboard. The current firmware is 5264 which is what came with it. I haven't done a reset yet, hoping it isn't needed.

If it matters, I'm only using the WAN port, the LAN is not in use as I have a separate switch for other devices. I have no firewall or other blocks.

I'll take VoIP any day over cell phones !

videobruce

ma678

Quote from: videobruce on September 03, 2016, 07:19:30 AM
Found it, provisioning was turned off.  :'(

Can you advise where provisioning is? Thanks.

videobruce

IRRC, it's somewhere on their website either here or GoogleVoice.

drgeoff

Quote from: ma678 on October 02, 2017, 08:50:27 PM
Found it, provisioning was turned off.  :'(

videobruce does not recall correctly.  It is on the device.  You need to log in to the device's onboard web server.

By default, OBiTALK auto-provisioning is enabled.  If you have not previously deliberately turned it off, it is not the reason for whatever difficulty you are now trying to surmount.

ma678

Quote from: drgeoff on October 03, 2017, 07:37:27 AM
Quote from: ma678 on October 02, 2017, 08:50:27 PM
Found it, provisioning was turned off.  :'(

videobruce does not recall correctly.  It is on the device.  You need to log in to the device's onboard web server.

By default, OBiTALK auto-provisioning is enabled.  If you have not previously deliberately turned it off, it is not the reason for whatever difficulty you are now trying to surmount.

I did turn off three provisioning previous. Which one do I have to turn on to set up GV service?

Thanks.