News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Proxy server?

Started by videobruce, September 03, 2016, 07:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

videobruce

I looked thru the numerous pages of settings for a OBi202, but I couldn't find any entry for changing the Proxy server or switching center if you prefer. Is there one and if so, what is it under??

The Sipura SPA series had this when I was with Broadvoice 5+ years ago.
I'll take VoIP any day over cell phones !

drgeoff

Depends on what you mean by "Proxy server".

There is a SIP proxy server setting available for every SP. Service Providers, ITSP Profile x, SIP. First item.

If you mean an internet access proxy as sometimes used on corporate networks to restrict access to the internet, the OBis have no way to use one of those.

videobruce

The switching center that routes the calls. I don't know how many nor where they are. For 1-VoIP, they have three. One in Oklahoma and two in Texas I was told.

drgeoff

I still don't know what you are asking for despite

1. having been employed by a major telecoms company for 38 years.

2. having used both a Linksys SPA3000 and PAP2 for a few years and reading the 137 pages of the SPA Administration Guide many times getting to grips with them.

SteveInWA

I don't know why this is such a mystery, aside from nit-picking over the use of ambiguous terminology.

Assuming you mean the SIP proxy server, the setting is clearly available, for each of the four SPx configurations.  In the basic OBiTALK web portal configuration, it's either pre-filled for the SIP service providers for which Obihai has known configurations, or you can enter it yourself.  It's also further configurable in "Expert" configuration mode.

See the attached screenshots.

videobruce

QuoteI don't know why this is such a mystery, aside from nit-picking over the use of ambiguous terminology.
I don't know either.  ::)

After looking a third time,  I did find the entry under that ITSP tab. That was one of the most used functions when I had Broadvoice 5 or 7 years ago. When I would call with audio problems, one of the 1st things discussed was changing it to another location. New York City, Washington DC & Pittsburgh were the most used (for me). IIRC there probably were 8-10 more across the country.

Thanks.