News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Constant beep sound every 3 mins

Started by Calwood, July 29, 2011, 09:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calwood

When I make oversea calls (from my Obi110) to my relative who has Obi100, we will hear the constant beep sound every 3 mins or so. This just happens about  a month ago. I have tried to use both methods; call with Obihai network and Google voice. But still, the beep sound is always there. Please help. Thanks in advance.

OBiSupport

Have you tried a different phone to test?

if you are using Google voice, you may try to call the oversea OBi100 through Google Chat, or Gmail call phone service, and just if same beep sound occurs.

We also like to help you figure out where this "constant" beep sound comes from ... could you send us a email at support@obihai.com? along with your 9-digit OBi number,

thank you,

Encino_Stan

I wonder if it is related to the issue with Google Voice in this thread: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/voice/thread?tid=042b039a63c487e5&hl=en

There are complaints of beeps every few minutes in that thread dating from Oct-2009 to present.

OBiSupport

These are false DTMF digits, so called "talk-off". Sometime a person's voice is unexpected picked up as a digit, which gets transmitted to the other party, and played back.

If the beep sound is indeed from a false DTMF digit, you can actually ask your friend to press a digit, and listen to it, whether it just sounds like the beep you heard. It can be attenuated (DTMF playback) by changing the setting below:

Physical interface -> phone port -> DTMFPlaybackLevel

Set it lower than -50 dBm, it should be hardly audible.

However, false DTMF digit is usually random, hardly occurs constantly every 3 minutes as you observed.