News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can call out but not receive Google Voice

Started by petdocvmd, July 12, 2011, 05:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petdocvmd

After setting up ObiTalk for Google Voice, everything worked perfectly: I was able to call out and receive calls on portable phones connected to the Obi device.  The next day I turned off my router as I was working all day.  Upon return,  I could not call out after power-up.  I ended up deleting and re-installing Google Voice as Service Provider 1, which fixed calling out.  However I still cannot receive calls again via Obi.  I've checked the obvious stuff:  all Google Voice settings are as recommended, "forward to chat" is checked, etc.  Oddly, when I dialed my Google voice # from Google Chat, the portable phones rang!  Yet if I call from my fiancee's cell phone, they remain silent and the call goes only to my cell phone (Sprint, set up to receive Google voice calls).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Scott

RonR

It's a long shot, but you might try connecting the OBi directly to your broadband modem to see if getting the router out of the loop makes incoming calls work.  If it does, you at least know where the problem is located.  Make sure you power cycle both the modem and the OBi after making the connection.

petdocvmd

Will try.  Oddly, I deleted and re-entered Google Voice again as a service provider and it worked (!)...for about 12 hours.  Once again today I can call out but not receive.  Frustrating!

Thx,

Scott

patents

My problem is similar, but weirder. Relatives in Texas can call us, phone works fine. We can call out anywhere, works fine.
Local people (I think same area code, but I am not sure) call in, they get my google voice account, and are asked for a password.