News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

registration to sigpgate failed

Started by gworona, July 14, 2011, 08:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gworona

I'm trying to set sp2 to sipgate and am not having any luck.

Things that I've seen in other posts that I made sure were correct:

1. Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

2. my linksys wrt54g (one with stock firmware and the other daisychained with dd-wrt) routers don't have sip alg

3. username/sip password are the sip id and sip password you get when clicking sip credentials on sipgate web site.  I'm not using my sipgate userid and password.  When I did I got a 400 message instead of 401.

4. tried it with stunenabled checked and unchecked

I get the message:  Register Failed: 401 (server=204.155.28.10:5060; retrying)   

Any ideas?

RonR

Error 401 means the username and/or password is incorrect.

Starting with everything on ITSPB/SP2 at Default, a minimal configuration would be:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sipgate.com

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (sipgate credentials username)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> Password : (sipgate credentials password)

gworona

Thanks, but I verified those settings.  I even did a "create new SIP-password". 

Is there a way to test my sip-user/pw outside of the OBI110?

Would someone want to volunteer to test my current sip-id/pw (I have a $0 balance in the account)?

Is there anything else that could be wrong?

QBZappy

If the account is active you should be able to download a softphone such as Xlite and register with your account settings
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

gworona,

I have a Sipgate account and have verified in the past that it works fine with the OBi.  If necessary, I can try it again (just not at this moment).

QBZappy's suggestion is an excellent one and would verify that you're using the correct username/password.

If it turns out you can successfully register with Xlite but not the OBi, I will put my Sipgate account on the OBi and also try your credentials if need be.

gworona

I installed xlite (on a computer that is not on my home network where obi is) and using the same sip-id and sip-pw was able to register and receive a call from my cell phone to xlite.  Eventhough SP1 is successfully using google chat could the problem still be my router?  I had problems in the beginning setting up the obi with google until obi support had me put a switch (I used another router) between the obi and the router.  That fixed it.  If you think the router could be the problem, I can go somewhere else with the obi to use another kind of router.

Should I try that?  Or is that a waste of time and I should try something else?

Thanks for your advise.

QBZappy

gworona,

Hi,

1) Did you try connecting directly to the DSL modem?

2) If you are up to it I noticed that your router is supported by DDWRT or Tomato firmware. You might consider flashing the router. Mind you this is not for the faint of heart.
http://vidmar.net/weblog/archive/2007/08/23/tomato-firmware-for-linksys-wrt54gglgs.aspx
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

gworona

FIXED!!!

It wasn't my router firewall as disabling it didn't change anything.

Just to be sure I installed xlite on a computer behind the router and xlite registered and received a call.

Once I configured sipgate from SP2 to SP1 (as someone suggested or did in another post), it worked.  That's kind of disappointing but you can't argue with success.

RonR

Sipgate works fine on SP2.  I just configured SP2 with my Sipgate account and had no problem registering, making outgoing calls, or receving incoming calls.