News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forwarding calls to Voice Gateway (Calls, but no voice)

Started by anshuman26, July 15, 2011, 01:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anshuman26

Hi there,

I tried to set up a third sip provider using voice gateway following Ron's step. I have been successfully able to call from the Obi device to other numbers using this provider.

However, I wanted to try setting up call forwarding using the inbound call route and this is where I notice something strange.

The call goes through,as in it rings the other phone, but when the other party picks up, neither me or the other party can hear each other.

Any advice or suggestion as to what is going on?

My inbound call route is {(mygooglevoicenumber):vg3(thenumberiamforwardingto)},{ph}

RonR

Try using a STUN server on the SPx trunk that VG3 uses.

Try forwarding RTP ports 16600 - 16998 to your OBi in your router.

anshuman26

hi Ron,

thanks but no use. To de-bug this further, this is wt i did,

1. Hard reset on my Obi110
2. Set up sp1 as callwithus sip provider
3. sp2 as google voice number
4. Set up inbound call route such that incoming calls from my cell phone to the google voice number gets forwarded to a particular number using the callwithus sip provider.

5. Connected my Obi110 directly to my cable modem (this eliminates any router issues).

After all this, when I call from my cell phone to the google voice number, it should forward me to the other number i set up using callwithus.

The other number does ring using callwithus, however, both parties cannot hear each other when the other party picks up the call. After repetitive trials, this has happened about 80% of the time (yes there are rare occasion when both parties can hear each other).

I wonder if this is a bug in the firmware. Please advice / help.

Anshuman

RonR

Quote from: anshuman26 on July 17, 2011, 05:13:35 PM
I wonder if this is a bug in the firmware. Please advice / help.

I doubt it as many of us use forwarding/bridging and don't have any audio problems.

Do you have the same problem if you forward the call back out SP2 (Google Voice) instead of SP1 (CWUS)?

anshuman26

I think i got it to fix...apparently, my DID from ipKall had some issues. There was no audio and I was able fix it by using the stun settings.

Thanks a lot though!