News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CallForwardOnNoAnswer does not work for gtalk originated calls.

Started by earthtoobi, July 16, 2011, 01:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earthtoobi

CallForwardOnNoAnswer feature does not seem to work for gtalk originated calls. it works only when the google voice number is being called.or rather it works only when the origination endpoint is from a  phonenumber and not a friend in googletalk.

OBiSupport

This feature works fine on GTalk originated calls according to our test.

However, we are thinking that you might have your GTalk caller in your circle of trust, then, this feature won't apply. That is to say, if you are calling from GTalk, and you will hear AA, then, if you press "1" to go on ringing the phone, "CallForwardOnNoAnswer' won't apply because the call is answered.

Please reply to us on how you made the call (whether or not through AA) and whether or not your GTalk caller is in your circle of trust.

earthtoobi

Just to clarify, i dont go through AA. i have set it up so that it rings the phone directly(via gtalk and via calling through a phone number).

when you use gtalk client/some other google phone number to call into SP1 google voice (with forwarding enabled after x rings with x less than number of rings to take you to voicemail), here is what happens:
x=3 in my test.
After x rings:

2 Entries in Obi History:
1. Obi history says it has ended call to PHONE.
2. Obi makes a call to forwarded number and immediately ends the call after few seconds.

Caller:
the caller hears the google voicemail immediately after x rings. infact, he can leave a long voicemail even while Obi is showing that the call has ended in Obi history.

jimates

I assume the call is "ended" as soon as it is answered by the forwarding phone because the Obi no longer has control of the call. A call placed from the phone port or AA would not show as ended until ended by the caller or receiver.

earthtoobi

@jimates: i understand/know "logically" what is supposed to happen. i have suspended that logic for the time being and just reported what i saw.

i would suggest trying out the same on your side. it is simple to test it out.would love to hear what others find in their own tests with latest version of firmware.