News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi to Obi communication to equipment

Started by AADIinc, March 31, 2018, 10:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AADIinc

I am trying to use and obi200 on my computer modem and an obi200 on my equipment to call up my equipment and make program changes to my equipment, however when I try to call the obi number for the equipment it has a menu and wants me to press 1 to continue the call before it will ring through to the equipment. Is there a way to disable this so I can call directly to my equipment with my obi number. I am limited to the numbers I can enter into the computer program to dial up my equipment. I have disabled the auto attendant, but with no change to the problem.

Any suggestions?

drgeoff

Are you sure you have disabled the AA? How?

azrobert

Use OBi Expert to modify the called OBi config. To enter OBi Expert from the Dashboard click on the gear ICON to the right of your OBixxx then select OBi Expert Config, confirm and select Enter OBi Expert.

Click on Voice Services then OBiTalk Service.

Uncheck both boxes to the right of the InboundCallRoute then change the Value to: ph
Click Submit at the bottom of the page

Edit:
Disabling the AA won't fix your problem. The call will still be routed to the AA, but will fail. You need to change the routing as above.

drgeoff

And when you do get past that issue, don't expect your modems to work at 56k.

AADIinc

Thank You azrobert that fixed the problem. The equipment communicates slower than 56K. I have to modify my modem setting to get them to talk.

AADIinc

Now another problem developed and that is now it will ring straight
through, but equipment doesn't realize it is ringing and won't answer.

any suggestions?

azrobert

You can try changing the Phone Port RingWaveform to Trapezoidal.
If that doesn't work increase the RingVoltage.