News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai line port as additional Asterisk extension

Started by gzappala, July 17, 2011, 11:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gzappala

Hi, I have a very simple home use configuration using my Obi110 as an ATA to Asterisk (version 1.8.x) with FreePBX and not using the OBI network or GV at all.  An analog phone system is connected to the Phone port of the Obi110 and it is configured as an extension to Asterisk and all works great.  I have no PSTN line, but would like to use the Obi's line port to connect a different physical phone (not an additional handset to my existing analog system) as another separate Asterisk extension.  The idea is to configure both extensions in a ring group so both phone systems ring for incoming calls as well as permitting outbound calls from the two extensions. 

Where do I find information to configure the line port to accomplish this?  Thanks in advance.

RonR

Quote from: gzappala on July 17, 2011, 11:34:43 AM
I have no PSTN line, but would like to use the Obi's line port to connect a different physical phone (not an additional handset to my existing analog system) as another separate Asterisk extension.  The idea is to configure both extensions in a ring group so both phone systems ring for incoming calls as well as permitting outbound calls from the two extensions. 

The OBi LINE Port is an FXO port, meaning it's meant to connect to an incoming telephone line.  It does not supply battery or ring voltage.  The LINE Port cannot be configured as an FXS port, which does supply battery and ring voltage.  The OBi PHONE Port is an FXS port.