News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Possible to make a Call Treatment on Call Centric to Block PRIVATE,UNKNOWN ?

Started by transam98, September 09, 2016, 07:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

transam98

does anyone have any experience to be able to set up a " call treatment" on Call Centric to be able to BLOCK PRIVATE,UNKNOWN and OUT OF AREA #'s ?

I know there is a weird way to do it in GV (with circles or whatever) but sometimes NO NAMES show up and GV kills them calls...

Suggestions ?:) thanks in advance

Taoman

Have you tried making one? It's pretty simple. Just make a new call treatment and select "From Anonymous/Private" on the right-hand side under Additional Options.

If you are forwarding from GV I have found the best place to route the unwanted calls to is Calling Card. Ideally, you would route to Error Message: Number disconnected but since that uses early media it won't work with GV. The caller will just hear ringback tone until GV voicemail kicks in.
When routed to Calling Card the call is answered so GV voicemail never kicks in and there is nothing the caller can do but press random numbers that Callcentric will reject and ultimately hang up the line.

But if you want Private/Anonymous callers to be able to leave you a voicemail then choose Error or Busy Tone......doesn't matter which you choose since those are all early media. In either case, your OBi connected phone will never ring.

transam98

Hmmm, I dont know what "Early Media" is, I am doing the GV to CC trick ;) I Definately do NOT want GV to pick up the call or for them to leave a message, would e nice for a message of This # doesnt accept Private, but it doesnt matter, just dumping the call to a endless ring or to oblivion or even just disconnect is fine ;) ?

Taoman

Early media is any media presented to the caller before the call is actually answered and billing begins.

Most of the CC call treatments use early media and therefore can't be heard if forwarding from GV. Google Voice ignores all early media. They have to in order for their call forwarding system to work properly.

If you choose to route to a destination that uses early media the caller will just hear ringback tone until GV voicemail answers the call. This is why I suggested routing unwanted callers to Calling Card. It's the only selection that reliably works and doesn't allow the caller to leave a voicemail when forwarding from GV.

transam98

I kinda understand :) so I logged in and went to call treatments, and picked ANON/PRIV then on left side I picked CALLING card and saved.... then I used cell (blocked) to call it after 5 rings just went to GV VM...

Should I be picking something else ?

Taoman

Quote from: transam98 on September 09, 2016, 07:20:05 PM
I kinda understand :) so I logged in and went to call treatments, and picked ANON/PRIV then on left side I picked CALLING card and saved.... then I used cell (blocked) to call it after 5 rings just went to GV VM...

Should I be picking something else ?

Is that call treatment at the top of the list (assuming you have multiple call treatments)?

Does it work if you call your CC DID number directly with your cell phone instead of using GV number?

transam98

It IS the only call treatment I have ;)....

Im not sure what you mean on the DID/my cell ?

here is a screenie :)

Taoman

Quote from: transam98 on September 09, 2016, 08:05:49 PM

Im not sure what you mean on the DID/my cell ?

Seriously? Didn't you get a free Callcentric phone number? Call that number with your cell phone (with number blocked) and not your GV number. Set your call treatment back to Calling Card. Does it work?

transam98

yea I have the FREE call centric # :) Ill call that # with it blocked..

transam98

ok I did it the way you said and I get the error message :)

Is there any way to get that same mssg when a caller that is BLOCKED calls my GV # ? (and since GV forwards to the CC# ?)

Taoman

I don't know how many different ways I can tell you the same thing.

You are perfectly capable of testing what works and what doesn't work.